News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Web Cams

Started by Griffin NoName, March 28, 2008, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I had this dodgy web cam that would never point in the right direction and when it did would render me and my environs a blurry dim dirty brown colour.

I've been getting a bit concerned that this new baby (when it finally arrives) will get to know it has one grandmother who looks like a warthog living in a perpetual mudbath. Possibly quite frightening.

So I have splashed out on the top of the range logitech web cam....  premium 9000... if they add many more 0's it'll get silly...

It really does live up to expectations. It's superb.

I still look awful, but human.

Two problems in the home improvement department.

It only has a PC operated lens shutter which only operates (ie. switches) when the logitech s/w is loaded and cannot be run with Skype (unless they have "feature" corrected it in an update which I haven't got yet). This is going to irritate me.

So I am designing a little curtain for the lens. I suppose it should be in a suitable nursery material. ;D

The other problem is slouched in bed with the laptop, I appear like a giant sloth with seven chins.

I need to improve my profile.

So I need to build another ramp. This one will need to slide out of the wall, scoop up the laptop and raise it above my head whenever the curtain on the lens is pulled aside so that lifting my arms to the keyboard (above my head) will raise my whole upper body into an attractive energetic looking stretch thinning my neck and displaying a more flattering profile.

I knew becoming a grandmother would make new demands on me.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Or, you could design some software that takes your basic movements, and makes an avatar move in response.

Your avatar could look like literally anyone-- Cindy Crawford, for example.

:mrgreen:

If basement dwelling teenage boys can log in as females, why not?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

beagle

To stand a chance in the glamorous grandma contest these days you can't really postpone having your first kid past age 12.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on March 28, 2008, 08:02:28 AM
To stand a chance in the glamorous grandma contest these days you can't really postpone having your first kid past age 12.

Drat!!  Now he tells me!!

Struth, I have to compete on glamour with the t'other Grandma?  I thought it was just going to be a case of wrestling over it until one of us left the scrum with the bundle. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 28, 2008, 11:09:57 AM
Quote from: beagle on March 28, 2008, 08:02:28 AM

Drat!!  Now he tells me!!

Struth, I have to compete on glamour with the t'other Grandma?  I thought it was just going to be a case of wrestling over it until one of us left the scrum with the bundle. ;)
:ROFL:

:kisshands: Griffin your humour made my day!

I don't think you need to be glamorous, you just need to be comfortable with both the picture sent, and how you sit during the conversation. Your suggestion about another ramp doesn't strike me as very comfortable. I might have an idea but I got to either draw or find some pictures on the net and I  don't have the time right now bear with me for a day or so and I'll send a suggestion.   
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Darlica

Here's a link to something very close to what I meant.
http://albewall.com/commerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=25&language=en
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Darlica on March 28, 2008, 09:18:15 PM
Here's a link to something very close to what I meant.
http://albewall.com/commerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=25&language=en

We have these in our hospitals.

Trouble is need to get bottom wheels bit under bed and I have no under bed. Hence need for sliding wall panel. ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

Souonds like you need to lease Q from MI6 to design the perfect hideaway, high-tech environment...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677