News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

GRAVITY IS ONLY AN ILLUSION

Started by E.Raser, July 18, 2010, 03:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Raser

ERIK VERLINDE
from His Holiness the Superstring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnCBlWsbcWQ

so we cannot bear more hanging birds :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

E. Raser! Comme va?
--
I read a related article about the subject on the NYT* although I read it more like isn't so much a fundamental but the consequence of thermodynamics and specifically entropy, plus a multidimensional space.

*easier to read in English, besides my Dutch is a bit rusty ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

E!E!!E!E!!!

Very pleased to see you, sir! 

:mrgreen:
WWDDD?

ivor

E. Raser!   How have you been!

E.Raser

Quote from: Aggie on July 18, 2010, 06:58:57 PM
E!E!!E!E!!!

:sportswoman: :sportsbrunette: :sportsred:

throw away those useless structures ::) ::)

Griffin NoName

Hi E.Raser. Good to see you. So you speak Dutch?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

E.Raser

Quote from: Griffin NoName on July 19, 2010, 01:21:02 AM
Hi E.Raser. Good to see you. So you speak Dutch?

no, but I cannot understand the mathematical language of Erik Verlinde too

E.Raser

Quote from: Aggie on July 18, 2010, 06:58:57 PM
E!E!!E!E!!!

:mrgreen:

gravity is only a collateral effect of inclination towards disorder.
O.K. do not forget pants on the phone

Opsa

I believe that gravity is the work of Mystico and Janet.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: OpsaI believe that gravity is the work of Mystico and Janet.

:ROFL:

ivor

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on July 18, 2010, 04:25:02 PM
I read a related article about the subject on the NYT* although I read it more like isn't so much a fundamental but the consequence of thermodynamics and specifically entropy, plus a multidimensional space.

*easier to read in English, besides my Dutch is a bit rusty ;)

I didn't see any theory there, unless it went right over my head.  What the heck is he saying?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The article doesn't precisely enunciate the theory, but mentions that gravity may be a side effect of entropy (it has something to do with string theory).

My take (and, mind you, my physics are limited to those of an engineer) is related to some of the theories of virtual particles, a theory of quantum physics that suggests that empty space isn't really empty and that all the time, elemental particles are popping in and out of existence. Add to that that electromagnetic waves propagate in the vacuum (read, without a medium), and add the concept of multiple dimensions suggested by string theories, and you get a 4th (or 5th or Nth) dimensional space of which we can only perceive 3. Fields (electromagnetic, gravitational) should have a medium to manifest themselves but one that at this point isn't visible to us, which suggests that perhaps are manifestations of a multidimensional space. There you would have a soup of particles that would allow for those fields to propagate, and those soups would be subjected to the same thermodynamic laws as regular fluids in our three-dimensional world.

What I read the guy is saying is that the entropy of those apparent 'fluids' is what causes gravity to manifest itself.

Note the large amount of assumptions on my part to reach that conclusion (::)) so take with one or two or N grains of salt...

E.Raser

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 19, 2010, 04:54:46 PM

I didn't see any theory there, unless it went right over my head.  What the heck is he saying?

may be a new problem.
If gravity does not exist for doing anything we need a shirt of force with strings

ivor

So there really is a medium there we just can't see it?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That would be my hypothesis, that would also explain why electromagnetic waves propagate at a particular speed, c (mind you, the 'medium' would have to be incredibly dense), but from my waves lessons in school it would seem like there is an extra dimension component to them.

Let me throw an extra wrench in there:

There are some theorists suggesting that black holes are NOT necessarily singularities, only extradense matter from which very little (Hawking radiation) can escape. Now think about the following: if I were in the surface of a black hole the gravity would be so strong that I would be flattened against it, as a result my perception (if I were able to have any) would be two-dimensional despite the obvious three-dimensional nature of it. Now imagine a four-dimensional black hole that flattens everything in it's 'surface' transforming it into three-dimensional objects. Being on the surface we would perceive it as three-dimensional despite the fact of us being in a four-dimensional hyper-sphere (and in fact some theorists suggest that if I travel space in a straight line I would eventually reach the same position).

All of this is my conjecture, mind you, I'm not a theoretical physicist and one may laugh at my ideas, so don't take it as gospel.

The Meromorph

You might say that 'the ether' turns out to be rather 'ethereal'...    :P

Or that 'dancing wu li masters' must have somewhere to buy dancing shoes.

But people might think you were shallow.    :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

E.Raser

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 19, 2010, 07:40:45 PM
So there really is a medium there we just can't see it?

do you have the DVD of the film GHOST ?
with Patrick Swayze -- Demi Moore ----Whoopi Goldberg
here you can see how gravity is only illusion and with the will of stomach ghosts can move objects.
gravity is only illusion,but true love not :mrgreen:
The problem of these theories of all is that in Australia people have fear to fall down in the dark

ivor

Well Australian's are kinda in the dark anyways... :mrgreen:

Sibling DavidH

And, of course, they're the wrong way up to start with.  ;D