News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Empathy drug found

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), May 01, 2010, 12:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

After this thread you would think that all has been said, but now the opposite has been found:

Quotesignificantly higher emotional empathy levels were recorded for the oxytocin group than for the placebo group
The administration of oxytocin simply had the effect of enhancing the ability to experience fellow-feeling. The males in the test achieved levels which would normally only be expected in women.

I wonder what is the effect on borderline socio/psychopaths.

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Drug may not be the right word for it - it's a normal human hormone / neurotransmitter.  It's also tricky to get to the brain effectively; I suspect Big Pharma will find a drug to up the amps on it (besides MDMA, anyways).
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 01, 2010, 12:30:50 AM
After this thread you would think that all has been said, but now the opposite has been found:

Quotesignificantly higher emotional empathy levels were recorded for the oxytocin group than for the placebo group
The administration of oxytocin simply had the effect of enhancing the ability to experience fellow-feeling. The males in the test achieved levels which would normally only be expected in women.

I wonder what is the effect on borderline socio/psychopaths.

Interesting.

If this turns out to be effective? 

I, for one, would be in favor if making it a required daily ingredient of **all** public officers.

I've yet to see a politician who wouldn't benefit from a stronger empathy...  ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

It also increases trust, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the politicians putting it to good use on the voters at the same time.  ::)

WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I say let's swap Rush Limbaugh's Oxycontin pills with this Oxytocin and see what effect it has :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Apart from the abstinence syndrome ?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.