News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Hey, I'm a statistic in the Torygraph!

Started by Aggie, October 07, 2009, 06:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6263878/Appendicitis-could-be-caused-by-air-pollution.html

Had appendicitis a couple of years back while living on a major downtown thoroughfare, and have few illusions that it was anything other than air pollution that triggered it. :P

Anyways, it's better than being the other kind of Calgary appendicitis statistic, although I do give the hospital credit for trying considering I was diagnosed at 10 am, sat in Emergency until 9 pm before I got a cot to lay down on, came back from the CAT scan at 10:30 pm with "we aren't sure if it's burst or not" and got into surgery around 2 am.  ::)

Then they told me to avoid eating fats for a few days and served me up a greasy meat pie for dinner, veg not included.  >:(
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

An aquaintance of ours walked around recently with a burst appendix for several days. The symptoms were seemingly quite different from the textbooks, so it was not correctly diagnosed at first and it needed an MRT scan. It's a miracle that she did not suffer a life-threatening peritonitis. A burst appendix can be lethal within a few hours.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Yes, they are our safety clause. Just bite down hard on it if in a tricky situation. Shame yours has gone Aggie, you may have to opt out of conspiracy theories without the ejector button.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Now you've done it! Those are the kinds of tales the repugs want to hear.
---
You sat for 11 hours in emergency? How long from the time you arrived to the hospital and were diagnosed?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on October 07, 2009, 01:30:39 PM
Now you've done it! Those are the kinds of tales the repugs want to hear.
---
You sat for 11 hours in emergency? How long from the time you arrived to the hospital and were diagnosed?

Yes, let's get the cross-border comparisons going - Alberta has been trying to move towards an American-style health care system for years and closed three hospitals in Calgary in the 90's to save money.  This isn't typical Canadian health care, IMHO. ::)

Was diagnosed at a walk-in clinic rather quickly at 10:00 am, went to the hospital straight away and started sitting.  Probably closer to 9 or 10 hours considering I got in to emerg around 11:00 or a bit after.
WWDDD?