News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Video Spam game

Started by anthrobabe, October 28, 2008, 06:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Yeh, he's right, we need more films like that. I wonder if he has seen Cabaret?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Here's one for fellow language lovers:
How the World's Newest 'Mixed' Language Was Invented

If you can't get the article or watch the video, it's from The Atlantic,  June 18, 2013.
QuoteThe Warlpiri people, an indigenous group that lives near the remote Tanami Desert of Australia's northern territory, have kept a lot of things the same for centuries, such as living within unique kinship structures and performing traditional tribal dances. But now, they've done something totally new: One Warlpiri community has invented an entirely original language.

The eponymous Warlpiri is an endangered language with only about 4,000 speakers. But now, a researcher has detailed how one community of Warlpiri have blended elements of English, Kriol (a local, English-based dialect), and Warlpiri to create Light Warlpiri, which contains elements of all three, plus some new words and structures.

I liked that term, kriol. Then there's an embedded video of a reading from a picture book with phonetic and English subtitles. I could follow the phonetics fairly well, then sudden words whose sounds did not match the Roman letters I was looking at. More explanatory text and this image:

QuoteThe blue is the original Warlpiri, the red comes from English or Kriol, and the green represents newly invented language

QuoteMixed languages like this are extremely rare ... Other examples in this category ... Michif, a language spoken in the United States and Canada that combines the Native American Cree language and French.
That's one I haven't heard of, but it's piqued my curiosity.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

I rather like the idea of creating an English Lite ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 19, 2013, 04:06:58 AM
I rather like the idea of creating an English Lite ;)

insert redneck jokes

Swatopluk

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Jesus Loves You

[youtube=425,350]I4R4VMMTyGc[/youtube]
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

That one was rather close to reality I'd say at least in tone (would be difficult to find someone in the Western world never to have heard of Jesus).

I wondered, whether I should put this one into the Leather Dog thread but decided against it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZc4dIRE4A

That dog looks definitely cool in those outfits (a lot better than I would).

pieces o nine

That made me smile, Swato, and I will be checking his site later.     :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

Wall-E lives!

[youtube=425,350]7oVSaUWeKt0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVSaUWeKt0

Swatopluk

This is simply perfect!

[youtube=425,350]tH1VdD-nAc0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH1VdD-nAc0

pieces o nine

^ Very well done!  Thanks for posting!   :D

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

Here's a YouTube pick I actually like!

[youtube=425,350]efAUCG9oTb8[/youtube]