News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Protecting Health Safety Standards - Appropriate measures?

Started by Aggie, May 30, 2007, 08:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

QuoteZheng Xiaoyu used to be one of the most trusted men in China.

He was in charge of making sure his country's food and drugs did not kill anyone.
But, on Tuesday morning in Beijing, a court found that he had failed - badly.
He was found guilty of accepting bribes and of lowering safety standards.
For his failure, he will be shot dead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6703597.stm

I don't generally agree with capital punishment.  In this case I do - now how do we get this brought in for North American officials? 

BTW, I hear that Canada is considering loosening limits for pesticides on imported produce to appease chemical-happy US producers....  :devil2:
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I am for the medieval method: Those responsible have to consume the products. If they survive they are set free otherwise justice has been done.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Agujjim on May 30, 2007, 08:58:58 PM
I don't generally agree with capital punishment.  In this case I do - now how do we get this brought in for North American officials?
A bureaucrat would never receive capital punishment in this country unless he was a spy, and even then is quite unlikely. I also disagree with capital punishment on principle but you have to give the Chinese credit for being consistent.

I wonder how many poisons did Rumsfeld created at Searle or afterwards as head of the FDA, just to name one example.

These are the moments in which I wish there is a hell looking forward to host certain individuals...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.