News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Exporting Hate

Started by Aggie, January 14, 2010, 05:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

CBC clip concerning the influence of American right-wing evangelicals in Africa, specifically the influence on Uganda's laws banning homosexuality.  Third clip on the page (scroll down to Part 3), here:

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2010/201001/20100113.html

:barf: on Scott Lively

Reverend Kapya Kaoma, OTOH, is quite taddy.  If you prefer print to audio and/or want to read more on it, he has an extensive article on the same subject here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-kapya-kaoma/the-us-christian-right-an_b_387642.html
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

At the risk of being struck off, I find the whole american pre-occupation with health fatuous. When blind faith affects so many of the population that nearly everyting comes into its remit, I despair.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 14, 2010, 06:51:42 AM
At the risk of being struck off, I find the whole american pre-occupation with health fatuous. When blind faith affects so many of the population that nearly everyting comes into its remit, I despair.

You and I.

*sigh*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

After the connections to US right-wingers and 'The Family' became public everyone ran for cover and claimed that, although the gay world conspiracy was/still is the greatest threat to humanity ever, noone wanted to directly kill the deviants and that noone in the US could be made responsible for the overenthusiasm of the pious Ugandans.
:barf:
The only 'defense' I have heard (not from the official sponsors) was that the death penalty was fully justified in case of known HIV infections because knowingly infecting (or risking to) other people is punished as attempted murder in other, Westerm, countries too. But then why only gay people and why in some cases without HIV too?
It's impossible not to Godwin here: The Jews spread the plague (and leprosy*) in the Middle Ages and syphilis from the 19th century on. So it's natural that the new enemies of humanity now spread another yet uncurable disease as part of their nefarious plans. Where is the great film documentary 'The Eternal (and infernal) Gay' to inform the unsuspecting world of the danger it is in?  :fit:

*allegedly they got the bioweapons by way of Muslim Spain and it was all a Muslim plan to destroy christianity. Today of course it's illegal Latino immigrants according to Lou Dobbs etc., probably in league with Islam too.
:guillotine: :explode:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 14, 2010, 07:57:31 AM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 14, 2010, 06:51:42 AM

You and I.

*sigh*

Although the dogmatic "health" policies of that big church headquartered in Europe haven't done much to help keep Africans alive either...

The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Agujjim on January 14, 2010, 05:14:26 AM
:barf: on Scott Lively
What a sad excuse for a human being!

This guy is the perfect example for the civility thread, the guy knows what he is doing, he misrepresents the facts, and is a slimy slug* to shy away from his responsibility when his obvious dream of killing gay people by the state becomes a reality. For a supposedly moral person I have a hard time finding an ounce of morality in him.

*no offense to slugs everywhere.

Quote from: beagle on January 14, 2010, 12:29:39 PM
Although the dogmatic "health" policies of that big church headquartered in Europe haven't done much to help keep Africans alive either...
One thing I noticed here is that there are far more churches in poor neighborhoods than in middle/high class ones. If you don't have any hope in earthly institutions perhaps heavenly ones will do, and given that poverty, hunger, and political prosecution is far and widespread in Africa it is hardly surprising the reach of religion -be it Muslim, Evangelical or Catholic- in the continent.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.