News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

HOT Meals: The Toadfish Monastery Food Drive

Started by Opsa, October 30, 2006, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Donated to another food bank and rang the Salvation Army bells this morning in front of the grocery store.

I think it comes to about 140 more Toadfish Units.

Opsa

:update:

It's that time again- the food banks are looking for help.

I am adjusting the Toadfish Unit this year. It used to be that every 8 oz of donated food was to equal I Toadfish Unit, but since I am too lazy to figure out how to do that any more, I've decided to count every approximate penny spent on donated food to equal one Toadfish unit. As before, every penny of cash donated (or whatever is the smallest coin of your realm) equals one T.U., and every minute helping at a soup kitchen, delivering to the needy, elderly, sick or shut-in.

The boy scouts had a food drive here last week and we gave a bag of groceries equaling around ten dollars, so I have added 100 T.U.s to page one of this thread.

This is not meant to glorify any of us individually, just to inspire us to be charitable as a whole. I remember how inspiring Sibling Chatty was to me. She donated, cooked meals, and helped all she could, even when she was not feeling well. This thread is to continue where she left off.