News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Papal Inequality

Started by Griffin NoName, February 02, 2010, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 04, 2010, 08:02:10 AM

A forum about pregnancy and babies?
And it's pink*!!! :barf:

*I should say that I have trouble entering any Victoria's Secret store and even the St. Valentine candy isle in the supermarket because of the bloody pink. It is irrational but fewer things make me more uncomfortable.
:help:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

I thought Victoria's Secret was all in black? :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Griffin NoName

Damn, damn, damn. This was supposed to be a serious discussion.

;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Okay, we could discuss the new developments in Colorado Springs (aka Evangelical Central) where public services will cease soon. And this does not mean church services but e.g. firefighting, policing, trash disposal, mowing and watering of public lawns, maintenance and repair of roads and ways etc. etc.
Or closer on topic the scandal currently shaking the Jesuit order in Berlin, Germany in its foundations (child abuse in the 70ies and early 80ies now disclosed).
About the only one likely to come out of that untarnished is the headmaster of the affected school who handles the affair in an exemplary way. No coverup, dissimulation or hypocrisy. The Vatican's attempts at damage control on the other hand are imo miserable.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 04, 2010, 03:28:25 PM
Okay, we could discuss the new developments in Colorado Springs (aka Evangelical Central) where public services will cease soon. And this does not mean church services but e.g. firefighting, policing, trash disposal, mowing and watering of public lawns, maintenance and repair of roads and ways etc. etc.
Isn't that the republican holy grail? Aren't they the ones claiming that the wild west was a land of peace, harmony and justice for all? I mean, how bad could it be to replace the police for Blackwater (in the neighborhoods that can afford it)? Or paying a toll every time you get on the street? Or fighting fire with buckets?

Griffin NoName

Or closer on topic the scandal currently shaking the Jesuit order in Berlin, Germany in its foundations (child abuse in the 70ies and early 80ies now disclosed).

We've already done that one in the UK ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

About the only one likely to come out of that untarnished is the headmaster of the affected school who handles the affair in an exemplary way. No coverup, dissimulation or hypocrisy. The Vatican's attempts at damage control on the other hand are imo miserable.

Here in Tulsa, the puke rat-bastard incompetent-idiot rethuglican mayor is laying off a slew of firefighters and police.  At a time when (due to the economic woes) crime is up, and when crime is up, fires are up--- and besides, our current setup demands the firefighters muster-out to any accident or emergency-- they are literally the first-on-scene responders, and are trained as such.  The ambulance service is.... mediocre as result (it, unlike the firefighters trauma guys, is 'for-profit'.. go figure ).  Many lives have been saved by quick-responding 'firefighters' arriving on scene within 2 minutes-- as anyone paying attention, that's the critical time that makes the difference between surviving a heart attack/chocking situation and funeral services....

.... an interesting note, the previous mayor was a democrat, and she refused to take the salary offered-- she had enough money on her own (what successful politician is not well funded these days? None).

Did the rethuglican "mayor" say anything like that?  Of course not:  he's pocketing the salary while laying off much-needed cops and fireguys (and gals... sorry).

Seriously:  there's been several excellent suggestions on how to save the city's budget woes, but this puke rat-bastard incompetent-idiot rethuglican mayor's "solution" is to fire important support people...!

For example:  I have once-a-week trash service.  They provided a lovely plastic trolley which holds about 4 traditional rubbish-bin cans' worth at a time.  It has a hinged lid, so the wind won't be blowing it down the street in a game of giant wind-frisbee so common with the traditional cans.   It unloads faster, too-- the trucks have this cool lifting thingy that grabs and tilts the trolley into the back of the truck's hopper-- the workers only need to roll it up to the back, and flip a switch-- they can do two at a time.   

But this service is only in very limited areas-- most of the city relies on 'private providers' (read:  for HUGE profits) who have twice a week service, and utilize customer-provided cans.   That service is much slower, as the multiple-cans-per-customer have to be man-handled into the truck, then returned.  Taking twice as long, on average, per house, at twice a week, meaning the service costs quite a bit more than mine.  The city considered transitioning everyone to my type of service, but the private lobby nixed it... and the puke rat-bastard incompetent-idiot rethuglican mayor refused to re-consider it during these budget woes.

His other "solutions" is to turn off the roadway lights..... ???? Yep:  he's cut the lighting from most of the major roadways, plunging them into darkness where previously they were well-lit.

After this fiasco?  I expect to see the following:  increased crime due to lack of cop-presence, increased DOA's at the hospital, due to increased time-on-target from the fire people and increased rate of car accidents due to decreased visibility in major roadways...

*gag*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)