News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Wiki-Fu Tournament

Started by Aggie, September 13, 2009, 04:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Though not actually shorter:

Obfuscation
Michael Crichton
Apple II
Apple Inc

brings us closer in 2. 5 steps in a way
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Just don't post a 2-step solution - we should leave that up to remaining potential entrants. ;)
WWDDD?

beagle

Obfuscation
Random Article
Apple

---

Better to be born lucky than rich. ;D

I might have lied.
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

What were the chances of that? And what about reproducability?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 21, 2009, 08:41:05 PM
What were the chances of that? And what about reproducability?

The chances of me cheating? High.  The chances of me cheating again? Still high.

I couldn't find a legit better route. Besides, remember the old school motto, "Concelio est prudentia".

("Sneaky is best", in fake Latin obviously).

Aggie

Maybe we should have beagle cook up his link-miner and compete against it, John Henry-style? ;)

Seems to be a number of 3-step paths on this one, but I can't nail down a 2-step (i.e. one bridge word) path.
WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Agujjim on September 21, 2009, 08:55:10 PM
Maybe we should have beagle cook up his link-miner and compete against it, John Henry-style? ;)

Seems to be a number of 3-step paths on this one, but I can't nail down a 2-step (i.e. one bridge word) path.

I suspect Wikipedia gets annoyed if you download wholesale. Yahoo certainly did (whistle...).
Having looked it up I'm not too keen on the J.H. idea.

Tried most links and couldn't find a single page jump.

Aggie

Yes, dying with our mice in our hands may be a bit drastic. :mrgreen:

We'll permit Griffin to take a stab at it if desired, as RL allows.  Swato is currently holding the win position.

Unless Griffin posts a path ending at Apple instead of Apple Inc., we will be using Apple Inc. as the starting point.
WWDDD?

beagle

If she's doing her tax return she may be some time; it's not easy to hide £20M from HMRC.

Aggie

Quote from: beagle on September 21, 2009, 09:13:15 PM
If she's doing her tax return she may be some time; it's not easy to hide £20M from HMRC.

Ayuh, it takes quite a few holes to hide that much gold. Is that why the Beatles dug 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire, to hide it from the Taxman?
WWDDD?

beagle

Aggie

Dunno about that - they recycle well.  I've got the 2009-released Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band on heavy rotation at the moment.

(they also do OK Computer and Dark Side of the Moon in entirety)
WWDDD?

beagle

You asked for it...

I was 10 at the end of the 60s. Much preferred the Rolling Stones, as they were getting arrested for peeing on police stations rather than being chased by screaming girls.  Much more impressive at ten.

Aggie

LOL, I just mentally revised your age by about a decade. Not entirely sure why I had you pegged closer to my father's age*, but I did.

Besides, I am a bit temporally shifted when it comes to music - I don't usually start listening to anything seriously unless it's had a decade or so to age. Helps to winnow out the carp. Swato prefers a century or so, I think.  ;)

*temporal, not mental - I think you're likely older there unless you feel a frequent urge to hurl yourself off objects taller than you are while astride a 30-odd-lb chunk of aluminium. ::)
WWDDD?