News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Further Monastery Growth

Started by Alpaca, September 27, 2006, 03:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpaca

It's probably a bit (very) early to be bringing this subject up. I have no personal opinion on the matter, and in fact, I have a feeling that I'm bringing it up simply to engage in a more thoughtful discussion with the more thoughtful people I know on the internets, but... here goes.

Now that the Monastery has moved away from the Venganza forums, what do you guys think about the means of its growth and expansion? Do you wanna keep it relatively closed and close, with a small group of people who have known each other from a common background? Do you wanna accept new people from all over the place now? Do you want it invite-only, or have some sort of "advertising" and application process?

Just thoughts that it's probably too early to be having.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Aphos

HI 'paca.  Good to see you here.

This question is being discussed in some other threads.  We have set a tentative date of 1 Nov for the implimentation of what ever is decided.  Right now, things are still a little too confused.  But we are thinking about the problem.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Opsa

I believe that our aim is to be open to new members and not to be  a secret, but a private sanctuary where we can open up and communicate using our established sysytem of mutual respect and low ego.

We have no agenda other than practising humbleness (and we do allow for mistakes there, as it doesn't always come naturally) with the aim of trying to educate and improve ourselves first, and then quietly see what we can do to help the rest of the world, if possible.

johngalt

I like the direction it is currently going in. We are really lucky that we began a move from the Venganza forum before all the trouble started.
"Giving up is what kills people. It's only when you refuse to give up that you truly transcend your human self." Alucard, Hellsing by Kouta Hirano

Damnant quadnon intelligunt - They condemn what they do not understand.

Sibling Alchemical

Aggie

Full kudos to Sibling MentalBlock for that!
WWDDD?