News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pleasurable Brain Chemicals

Started by Griffin NoName, August 16, 2008, 12:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Looking for......"True Quantum Leaps"...... in "Personal Self Awareness"*?

Want to know what pleasurable brain chemicals you might be missing out on?

Look no further. The answer appears to be here.

*sounds pretty scary to me ;)

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Alpaca

I'm kinda tempted to get myself the demo CD...
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Sibling Chatty

Brain chemicals??

I'm all screwed up on serotonin, but what I REALLY need is some brain bleach.

:brainbleech: :brainbleech: :brainbleech: :brainbleech: :brainbleech:

AHHHH, much better...

:mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 16, 2008, 12:51:30 AM
Look no further. The answer appears to be here.

You've found a way past that parental filter we put on your computer haven't you?

And why the hell have they plastered most of the "e"s in dehydroepiandrosterone with acute accents?

Interestingly there are some medical papers in this area along the lines of "hypnosis can give a blue tinge to vision" and "Binaural beat audio has the potential to decrease acute pre-operative anxiety significantly". 

Try it out cheaper here.

Personally I'll stick to Floyd.
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

Good choice. The ideal pre-surgery stress-reducing song, possibly complemented by "Careful with that axe Eugene".
The angels have the phone box

Sibling Chatty

Heh...

Prior to my last surgery, when they had to re-sterilize the OR because a tech sneezed all over it, I was bombed out of my mind and MY pre-surgery song, sung with the anesthetist, was The Lumberjack Song. We interspersed the verses with the Dead Parrot sketch and some Lemming, Lemming, Lemming of the BDA!!

Other pre-op patients were either amused or dismayed. i was high enough to not care!

I love Demerol... :mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Yeh the parental filter seems faulty. I keep getting all kinds of carp showing up ;)

But why stick to pre-surgery-stress?

Oh I know why. If I continually sing the Lumberjack song to avoid stress at all times, I'll probably be locked up.

Who invented the Lose-Lose Society?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

I gets loads of nice 'Brain Chemicals' courtesy of Messrs Fuller Smith & Turner of Chiswick Brewery. 
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Griffin NoName

Aaaar!! That be a foine brewery. But twer even better when they delivered by horse and cart! Bar! Modernisation !
Psychic Hotline Host

Black Bart

Yep I think Youngs have retired the Dray Horses as well.  But I believe Wadworths still use the horses:

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Griffin NoName

Aaaaaar! Tis a turribel state o' haffairs wen ye onlee 'av wun subject on yer mind! That sign in the pikture likely sez Woolworth ;)
Psychic Hotline Host