News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Genetic Engineering might help fight the Devil !

Started by Griffin NoName, August 14, 2008, 11:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

That's crazy.  I have canines, I was meant to eat meat.  Does that make me evil?

Griffin NoName

I think it means you were supposed to work out how to genetically engineer the meat you are meant to eat ;)

Now you can freeload on someone else having worked it out
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Or you could discover that you were intended to be a vampire (wise enough to not overuse your sources) but a devilish mutation blocked your inbuilt mechanisms to get rid of the surplus iron.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Sorry, I am constitutionally incapable of taking seriously ANYTHING that is done on a BLACK background, or that is written by anyone named VEXEN Crabtree.

One or the other, but BOTH overloads my Bullshit Meter and it just doesn't register...

:mrgreen:
This sig area under construction.

Alpaca

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on August 15, 2008, 12:03:51 PM
Sorry, I am constitutionally incapable of taking seriously ANYTHING that is done on a BLACK background, or that is written by anyone named VEXEN Crabtree.

One or the other, but BOTH overloads my Bullshit Meter and it just doesn't register...

:mrgreen:

You've given me valuable clues for when I need to publish the secret plans.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Evolution and Unintelligent DesignThis underlines our final argument. The food chain is designed so that in order to survive, living beings have to kill and destroy each other. The whole food chain is based on blood and death. This is the design of an evil genius, not of a good god. Likewise for gene mutations (which cause the suffering of many innocent and unborn children) and other biological dysfunctions. No good God would have created such a flawed biological world. If it genetics is a chance at dashing the devil's (apparent) designs, then, we should give no hesitation!
So, only cyanobacteria, algae and those photosynthetic plants that don't prey on others are 'good'? (I almost type 'food'  :mrgreen:).
--
Isn't that the argument that if there is a god it isn't necessarily 'benevolent'?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Egads, this person seems confused.

Where do people get the idea that 'The Creator' is completely harmless and benevolent, anyway?

Is this person saying that 'The Devil' made our world?  :panic: :doorslam:

Maybe The Creator created The Devil and The Devil created the world?

Photosynthetic plants eat innocent little photons who never did anyone any harm. I can hear their screams! Save the photons!!!!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 15, 2008, 09:39:52 PM
Where do people get the idea that 'The Creator' is completely harmless and benevolent, anyway?

Well for starters I suppose "He" gained a reputation for smiting wicked people. Though that depends on one's definition of wicked. So far I've not noticed many gas-guzzler drivers getting smited in any significant numbers so "He" might be missing a trick or two nowadays.

Then there's the complication, when some innocent child is killed or dies, for the use "it's His will" to be bandied about, thus apparently rendering it harmless and benevolent. And if we cannot account for the millions who are starving at present, we probably haven't looked hard enough for what they did that was so wrong.

Anyway, unless one is vegetarian or vegan, killing animals for food is not considered any more evil than killling them when they are too ill, injured or old to live comfortably. So the real question is, did The Creator create vegetarians and/or vegans. Since "He" created everything : the answer must be yes. Therefore, I think you must be correct and "He" created the Devil too. "He" may even have done that to prove "His" harmlessness and benevolence as it clearly demonstrates what "He" would be like if "He" weren't.

Does that help?

I'm not sure where this leaves anorexics - anyone ever come across an anorexic plant?

Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Photosynthetic organisms were responsible for one of the greatest ecocides of all time. They release(d) an extremly corrosive and poisonous compound into the atmosphere: OXYGEN! In the name of all anaerobes slaughtered in that event I protest against this whitewash of photosynthesis!
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

:ROFL:

Aha! That must be why I am a vegetarian! I want all those plants to DIE, DIE, DIE!

I would like to leap on this opportunity to set the records straight here. Not all vegetarians think that eating meat is EVIL! I don't. I understand that humans are designed to be omnivorous and that some people like eating meat. I just don't. I make an real effort not to be a pain in the arse about it. It's just my preference, as eating meat is a preference for others. It's really obnoxious when meat eaters argue with me about my preference, even when I make absolutely no attempt to "make them vegetarian". Some people can get very defensive. Or maybe they were born that way.

I'm hoping that tolerance includes tolerating other people's habits if they're harmless enough.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 16, 2008, 03:47:37 PM

Aha! That must be why I am a vegetarian! I want all those plants to DIE, DIE, DIE!

I would like to leap on this opportunity to set the records straight here. Not all vegetarians think that eating meat is EVIL! I don't. I understand that humans are designed to be omnivorous and that some people like eating meat. I just don't. I make an real effort not to be a pain in the arse about it. It's just my preference, as eating meat is a preference for others. It's really obnoxious when meat eaters argue with me about my preference, even when I make absolutely no attempt to "make them vegetarian". Some people can get very defensive. Or maybe they were born that way.

I'm hoping that tolerance includes tolerating other people's habits if they're harmless enough.

But..but..but...WHY?   

It's that weak personality-type, methinks.  They simply MUST have each and every single person around themselves EXACTLY LIKE THEY.  Only in this way can they justify their pathetic existences.

Sad, really...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 16, 2008, 03:47:37 PM
I would like to leap on this opportunity to set the records straight here. Not all vegetarians think that eating meat is EVIL! I don't.

I would like to positively race towards setting the record straight here.

It is well known that not all vegetarians or vegans think that eating meat is evil. It just seems to me that those people who are likely to believe eating meat is pure evil are to be found within those groups. Probably I am naive and there are actually meat eaters who chomp away gloating at the amount of evil they are doing by this behaviour.

;D

* We must stamp out the meat eaters who believe eating meat is evil *
Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 16, 2008, 05:10:28 PM
* We must stamp out the meat eaters who believe eating meat is evil *

To mis-quote Douglas Adams, in The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe,

'some plants strenuously object to being eaten'

... right after Arthur Dent heard the dinner speech from the Main Course Beastie, and said, "I think I'll just have a carrot".

Witness the Chili family-- capsaicin is thought by some, to be an adaptation to reduce being eaten by mammals, who have strong teeth, and chew and damage the seeds.  Capsaicin is the most concentrated in the chili's seeds.  Birds, on the other hand, cannot detect the capsaicin chemical, and feel zero heat.  Birds also have no teeth, and do not harm the seeds--furthermore, birds help to spread the seeds far and wide-- a win-win from the plant's perspective.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Further proof that I am not a bird.

I accidentally ate a jalapeno Cheeto this morning.

Peppers, and anything associated with them?? NOT my friend. :o :o :o :puke:

Meat, however, is, especially since I don't digest fiber well anymore. (Had a salad with a little chopped broccoli. Though I was dying... :'( )

I just wish Alternet would get off their "You can't be a TRUE ____  if you eat meat." I'm committed to the same political agenda as many vegefolk. I just can't digest all the veggies, and need massive amounts of protein.
This sig area under construction.