News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Bad TV Documentaries

Started by Griffin NoName, January 22, 2009, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

OK, first I should say there are still many excellent documentaries on TV.

BUT the bad ones are on the increase and my grumpiness matches them.

Last night was YET another on how the great British public is suffering in the recression.

And, like a similar one a few weeks ago, they people they focused on were losing everything. And like the previous ones, it was last year 20008. And like the previousness ones, these people/families had made really stupid choices plus suffering bad health (but separate and different winge on that). And like the previous ones, none of this would have been any different, recession or not. They would still have been in the same boat.

It has to be said, the industry is huge. The prop-up-the-failed Industry. Already. Was already. Adding in the newbies who are just losing jobs and houses, it will not cope. CAB debt help centre's would need to be on every street corner. In any case, the advice seems to be "go bankrupt", but there's a court fee of more than £400 to do that which is odd if you can't afford your next picece of bread. And apparently, even if you do get bankrupcy, the bills keep coming, and worse, if you have given your family any money in the past, then the creditors will want it back from your relatives, (my F-i-L gave us some money 35 years ago: I dare them to ask for it). (I may no have the full facts straight here, but it sort of livens up the story). So bankrupcy doesn't really work. After that, the "help" (all the advice charities and so on) just give up and say nothing more can be done; prospect, planning permission for cardboard boxes on our highways. (I hear there may be a good new well-layed piece of land available soon - good surface, good visibility, at Heathrow soon).

So, where are we?  Well. We are being shown, look it was bad enough before, it doesn't get much worse. The difference? Well there will be loads more in this positiion. BUT that will bering changes...... because the system was failing before..... so soon I reckon that most folk in the UK will be debt advisors.

And I want to see documentaries about NOW, not about the failing system which was always failing. I already know how bad that was. It's nothing new or different that sillyness and/or bad health (+ or - greediness) causes problems.

:'(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

OH and another thing. They are trying to prove the middle class are the New criminal class. That was another BAD documentary this week.

Note to Self:  Re-assess documentary addiction.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The middle class has always been the biggest threat to the ruling elites, what better way to demonize it than doing documentaries saying such things?

(where is Goat when we need him?)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.