News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

P!ssed at myself

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, April 22, 2008, 06:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Totally p!ssed off at myself.

Totally missed a LOCAL concert for Feist-- was t'other night and I missed it.

Tulsa Feist Concert Review

:explode:

[youtube=425,350]p8Z-DIAthbM[/youtube]
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

I missed Michael Franti/Spearhead a while back here.  Knew about it, couldn't justify the cost at the time. :P

It really wasn't that expensive, but just over my concert ticket threshold price.  ::)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Eh- who could blame you? Tickets are so expensive any more that the only touring band I'd pay to see would be The Residents.

Aggie

I don't begrudge the artist making money (since they don't make much on music sales, between the record company and illegal downloads these days), but I DO begrudge the TicketBastard convenience charge which is quite often 20% or more of the total price of the ticket!  Especially since most of the shows I go to see are at the University - why can't the Student's Union sell tickets?  I wouldn't mind a small markup if it wasn't going straight to a (IMO) useless consumer-gouging service.  TicketBastard is arguably necessary for stadium shows and sporting events (where the total cost is so bloody high it doesn't matter) but for gigs with a few hundred concertgoers?  Damn, get some ticket paper and print them DYI on a computer, or outsource locally to a small company.  It's certainly not beyond today's technology to manage ticket sales.  :P

(we just spent big $$$ on Shambhala tix, but at least that's a 4-day festival.  It's a fraction of what my sis is spending for Pemberton :scared: - I told her with that money she could take a trip to Mexico, but apparently she's doing that too, later this year. ::) )

My favorite concert deal of the year is Expo Latino - 4 day festival, 3 blocks from the apartment, $15 for a weekend pass.  We just go hang out in the park there all day, and then come back for the party at night. Leaves enough money for cerveza, pupusa and tamales. :mrgreen:
WWDDD?