News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Neaking Fretzero

Started by Opsa, January 25, 2008, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

What is with trying to ditch an internet provider?

Long ago, I had AOL. When I quit them, they needled me for weeks on the phone, begging me to return and offering me all kinds of lovely deals. It was like dealing with a jilted lover or something. Ridiculous.

We're in a rural area here and didn't have high speed access for a long time. So to save money, I got Netzero service. As long as it was going to be slow, why pay more? I had NZ for about four years.

Recently we got DSL service here. It is rather expensive but we bundled services on verizon and got an okay deal. We kept NZ on as backup. Now that we're so in a recession that the government is almost admitting it, we thought we'd cut out Netzero and save the ten bucks a month. I called them yesterday.

First round: I sat on hold for fifteen minutes, then got re-routed to an announcement that asked me to choose from a menu which never made itself heard, and wound up on an automated menu that had no option to speak to a live person and finally hung up on me.

Round two: I called back, finally talked to a person, told him I wished to cancel, he cried crocodile tears,  told me that my service would be cancelled as of that day but NZ would provide me with free phone backup until March 15th because they loved me so much, I guess. After March 15 I would have the option of quitting or continuing my service in an upgraded version for a special low price. I told him that no, I was not interested in the backup. He repeated the same sales schpeil. I told him that no, I didn't want the backup and would he please cancel my service today. he said I'd get the backup and option to continue, but would receive confirmation about the continuation date which I could print out as a reminder. I gave up.

Today I checked the old NZ message center. There was a congratulations note in there about my continuing my Netzero service at an upgraded speed! What the heck? I attempted to write back and tell them again that I wanted service stopped immediately.

We're thinking we may have to ask our credit card com-pany to stop payment to these people. What a bad business practice! I'd never go back to them.

Sibling Chatty

The only way we were able to cancel Mom's Netzero was for me to tell them she'd died, and that the Probate Court was going to smack Holy Hell out of anybody who continued to draft her account.

It was a lie, but it's what the bank came up with to keep them from attempting it under 6 different accounts until they'd all been charged back...

If it's not a draft on a debit card, you'll have better luck than we did.

They drafted one more time, and the bank called them and asked if they REALLY wanted to deal with Mrs. EXXXs' daughter AND the court system...THEN they stopped. ::)
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

Whoa... who knew?

So much for their cute little 'People's IP' image! Goatie should sue them for misrepresenting the communists, and then share the lawsuit profits among the workers.