News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Seagulls

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, December 19, 2006, 03:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Seagulls are .... cool!

They are one of the short list of animals that seem to've adapted quite well to humans' taking over the planet.

You have to admire'em for that, yes?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

That and the fact that they can eat Fritos like a Texan.

Taking the ferry across from Aransas Pass to Port Aransas used to be one of my favorite things when I was little. Tossing Fritos to the seagulls was so much fun. The pelicans would immediately get a moutful of water to deal with the salt, but the gulls would land on top of the ferry to eat them.
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

They are cool until those mad little beady eyes fix on you and then.......

CURTAINS!!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

ivor

Rats with wings I think.

MB

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 20, 2006, 07:39:22 PM
Rats with wings I think.

MB

That would be pigeons.  And, these are considered a feast for birds-of-prey, which have returned to many down-town scenes.  The skyscrapers are likeunto canyons, with plenty of pigeon-on-the-wing for dinner.

GO birds-of-prey!  ::)

ivor

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on December 21, 2006, 02:16:03 AM
That would be pigeons.  And, these are considered a feast for birds-of-prey, which have returned to many down-town scenes.  The skyscrapers are likeunto canyons, with plenty of pigeon-on-the-wing for dinner.

I was in the Navy and when you go back and forth to the ship all the time wading through gulls ya kinda learn to hate them.  They are bold scavengers.  ;D

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 21, 2006, 02:21:59 AM

I was in the Navy and when you go back and forth to the ship all the time wading through gulls ya kinda learn to hate them.  They are bold scavengers.  ;D

My business partner, who was on a carrier, said that sometimes, they used the long-range radar to knock gull down.  They were not supposed to do this (considered abuse of the equipment by the Navy  ::) ) but graveyard shift, with the Chief elsewhere ....  ::) ;D ::)

ivor

One time we made an Iranian helicopter go away with our fire control radar turned to full.  ;D

Aggie

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 20, 2006, 07:39:22 PM
Rats with wings I think.

MB

Ah, but the seagull is a bird-of-prey, isn't it?  I call 'em Sh!thawks....
WWDDD?

goat starer

And dont forget Seagulls (well pelicans  :-[) eat pigeons!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"