News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Tartan Design

Started by Swatopluk, May 07, 2010, 10:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Perhaps Beagle could program it while attendinng to his parents? You know, just to give him something to keep him sane................ :o
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Swato, you continue to amaze me!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Swatopluk

Some more geometric patterns (trying to avoid them looking too much like swastikas)

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

In case your scale armour needs some embellishment:

Swatopluk

In case of headache and provided you have an iron stomach
Take SCOTSPIRIN

pieces o nine

Swatopluk

Running out of ideas for patterns. Maybe I'll go back to different setts.

Griffin NoName

Some of those make me dizzy.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

That last group appears as a 3D pattern on my monitor!   :D

I see distinct layers for each color, like the effect an old Mac plugin created for 3D screen savers.

Swatopluk

Wow, that's actually true. At least on this tube monitor. I have certain doubts about my flatscreen.

Griffin NoName

Some of them look like waffles, only the colour is different.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I think I know where the effect comes from. The sett and the pattern have different width. When one squints to get the images to coincide the brain assumes that both are the same and thus one must be at a different depth. I find it particularly strong with the bottom right of this one. I think it fails as a tartan weave because it looks as if the pattern was printed on afterwards and is not the actual weave but if treated as a 3D image the vertical stripes stand out with the lighter ones looking transparent to give a view at the continuous pattern below. Interestingly the narrow red/yellow stripes seem to have a life of their own.

Lindorm

OK, let's dig out some old Guru Josh 12" records and start partying like it's 1992 again!  Trippy!  ;) :mrgreen:
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)