News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Was Jesus from Gallifrey?

Started by beagle, May 04, 2008, 04:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Quote from: Swatopluk
If they sing in their home tongue there is at least a chance that we won't understand the text (can only be called a mercy)
Thanks so ever for giving me the perfect opening to post this yet again.

heh heh heh,  says the sibling who *knows* that she cannot sing...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on May 26, 2008, 10:02:05 PM

heh heh heh,  says the sibling who *knows* that she cannot sing...

"ken lee" .....!!!!!

:ROFL:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 27, 2008, 03:53:06 PM
Which brings to the theme of mondegreens
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8gtrD4_C4  :mrgreen:

;D

That sound is similar to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's style, IMHO. linky

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

beagle

Well the Dr sent a bunch of people to a heaven he fixed up last week. This is getting spooky; perhaps the vicars are right.

The angels have the phone box

pieces o nine

Quote from: beagle
Well the Dr sent a bunch of people to a heaven he fixed up last week. This is getting spooky; perhaps the vicars are right.

Welllllll, if I recall my Baltimpre Catechism correctly, the Consolation of Heaven hinges on being eternally in the Presence of the Lord. River and her pals are, pretty much, eternally separated from the Doctor (unless the future self that set/sets her --[and himself]-- up for her unique form of salvation is planning on virtual visits at some pretzel point in time eternity)...

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

beagle

Quote from: pieces o nine on June 14, 2008, 02:44:03 AM
... the Consolation of Heaven hinges on being eternally in the Presence of the Lord.

If Heaven is the consolation prize where do they keep the good stuff? Wonder if you're allowed to step outside for a smoke from time to time.

If I was religious they'd need to convert the tardis back to being a paradox engine again, given that most of the things I'd want in Heaven are reasons you don't get to go there.

At least the Dr only took a bus trip this week. What could go wrong?

pieces o nine

Quote from: beagle on June 14, 2008, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: pieces o nine on June 14, 2008, 02:44:03 AM
... the Consolation of Heaven hinges on being eternally in the Presence of the Lord.

If Heaven is the consolation prize where do they keep the good stuff? Wonder if you're allowed to step outside for a smoke from time to time.
I believe what you're looking for in that case is the (recently-demolished) Limbo, previously the endgame for unbaptised (yet innocent) babies and others. The premise being: oh, it's a happy place and all, but its denizens are Outside the Presence, so one's eternal happiness is somewhat...less.

This perhaps begs the question on whether the things you, personally, would want in 'heaven' would be present and/or permitted in its antechamber...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
yer slingin spoilers aroun wen sum ov us have onlie jes coff akwoired coff thee newest epee sode, matey!
:piratetoadfish:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
pieces idly wonders what has since happened to all those souls once consigned to Limbo through the centuries...

Quote from: pieces o nine on June 16, 2008, 03:23:23 AM
pieces idly wonders what has since happened to all those souls once consigned to Limbo through the centuries...

Return to sender?  That address unknown?  8)

Sibling Chatty

I say we write the Pope and ask.

Dear Popeguy,

Whadda ya gonna do with those folks that were in Limbo?

Give 'em sticks and make 'em Dance Instructors??

AND!!!

Oi finks ye orta lettem inter Hevvin. And if yer'd loike a better class o' heaven-bound types, switch to the FSM hevvin. Yeh, ther's a fair nummer of witless gits, but they're not dull loike most o' your lot.

Yr Fren'
Teh Evil Auntie/Dansin Kitteh

PS: Do sumfin about that "Evil Guy from That movie" look ye gots goin' on, er nobuddy's gunna wanna go wherevver ye be promotin'.

This sig area under construction.

beagle

I believe what you're looking for in that case is the (recently-demolished) Limbo, previously the endgame for unbaptised (yet innocent) babies and others.

That's me. Innocent. :halo:

The premise being: oh, it's a happy place and all, but its denizens are Outside the Presence, so one's eternal happiness is somewhat...less.

So the odd flask of Scottish water might go undetected hidden in a harp between archangel visits? 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
yer slingin spoilers aroun wen sum ov us have onlie jes coff akwoired coff thee newest epee sode, matey!
:piratetoadfish:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No matey, nothing that wasn't in the trailer at the end of the previous week's epsiode.

pieces o nine

Quote from: Sibling Chatty

I say we write the Pope and ask.

Yarrr! Theyre be an hidea, Dansin Kitteh. Oi wunderrrs wot wood be thee reackshun t'a slew ov pyrate-y letters to 'Is 'Oliness, aksin qwestshuns an such. Mebbe he wood e'en rite a himprimatur to thee Pyrate Bibel!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Quote from: beagleNo matey, nothing that wasn't in the trailer at the end of the previous week's epsiode.
Hoops, my bad.

I be alreddy gearin up (down?) fer end o' seizin grievin' an thee long weight fer thee 'oliday speshul.)

beagle

Now If I'd let slip that Darth Vader was the love child of the Dr and River Song {where do they get these names} and that Rose Tyler was caught In Flagrante with a dalek you'd have cause for complaint.

beagle

OK Pieces, no spoilers but a question.  What is that noise that can be heard in the tardis near the end of this week's episode, what does it signify, and what is the connection with Escher?