News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Battle of Midway

Started by Griffin NoName, March 26, 2008, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

The BBC is currently fixated on plastics washing up on Midway.

It seems it is not only plastics that wash up here but loads of other rubbish too. The currents across the whole globe seem to sweep rubbish in the seas very efficiently onto the island.

The problem is the albatross are suffering. Another problem is that plastics break down and all marine life may be at risk. Hence this is another of those global giant problems.

How realistic is it to expect humans not to allow rubbish/plastics to enter the seas?  Personally I think it is unlikely we will stop it happening enough.

Would this then not be an opportunity for some lateral thinking. It seems quite impressive that the oceans should sweep our rubbish into one place (percenatge comaprison to other places).

Since huge problems exist with landfill, is it not time to take advantage of nature? 

I'd be interested in how long it would take for all land masses to be over-run with rubbish if we encouraged it to accumlate centrically from Midway outwards. These figures should then be used for comaprison with global warming timelines and all the other impending reasons why human life is to become extinct.

Time for joined up thinking.

Vote Midway for Rubbish!

haven't developed my plan for evacuating albatross and other marine life yet
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

Centuries from now...the world's only all-plastic mountain.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--