News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery Inmate Clone Survey Service - Survey Five

Started by Griffin NoName, March 10, 2013, 03:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you take 2 pills out of Blister Packs?

Side by Side
Above and Below
Arbitrarily
Diametrically Opposite
Thoughfully
I can't
I never take pills
I always take more than 2

Griffin NoName

Let's see how atuned we are on this important topic.  :D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

There are quite different types/geometries of blisters and I usually apply a pattern dependent on that.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Indeed. But even if building a zig zag, say, one must employ one of the above in the shorter term if the single dose is 2 pills?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Yeah but one cannot give a general answer because some patterns are possible on one but not on others and vice versa. I have three blisters in sight of me and all three have different geometries, so I have to use different patterns on them
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

I don't take pills from blister packs. Removing bumpons* from the carrier sheet is a similar choice in pattern-making; I usually skip every other one, spiraling around and in to the center. Or intersecting diagonals. Depends on the day.

* the little rubber or plastic disks that go on the bottom back corners of a picture frame to help keep it centered on a wall.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 10, 2013, 11:44:36 AM
Yeah but one cannot give a general answer because some patterns are possible on one but not on others and vice versa. I have three blisters in sight of me and all three have different geometries, so I have to use different patterns on them

I bow to your supeerior knowledge. Clearly this is a flawed study and unlikely to be published.  ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

At my age, the only thing that matters is being systematic, using a routine that won't let you forget if you've taken them, or how many.

Griffin NoName

^ Ditto. Though I do try to keep to a pattern whatever the particulars of the blister pack.

I have to take pills in the middle of my usual sleep period which I put in a little pot next to my alarm clock (set). I am never aware of taking them, but can generally tell if I have because the little pot will be empty ;) If not, it is too late. But at least I know why I feel c**p and have the shakes, and withdrawal symptoms, and a racing heart.
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

I always take them out side by side, but when I get to the middle of the card I'll flip it and start from the opposite side so I don't have to pull the entire card out toward the end.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I like to cut the pills apart from the pack, and then using the scissors, cut them open by snipping the ends (from the pair I just cut free). 

:)

Whoever invented this infernal method of pill-delivery was a sadist, IMO, as I don't take these regularly, but when I need them-- the need is typically great, and my hands sometimes shake.   For some reason, pushing them through the back never seems to work for me, I end up squashing the pills, making mess of it.  :(

So a nice pair of sharp scissors to slit the blisters open-- to make it easier, having cut the pair free from the body of the pack makes my choices in where to cut simpler. 

:D

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

I do that, too- depending on the way the pills are wrapped. If they are merely foil on the back, no problem. But I always have to cut out the sinus headache tablets because they have a difficult to remove backing over the foil. I just grab the nail scissors and cut two sides off. No-one suffering a sinus headache needs to mess with prying off a card backing!

Griffin NoName

If g-d had meant us to take pills, he'd never have sent us the blister pack.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I use blister packs for gum more than pills. If taking out two pills, I'd likely take them out side-by-side.  Gum usually gets removed one piece at a time, and the patterns vary widely to keep me amused.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

When I was a kid I used to try to remove the metallic sheet in order to get the pill without pushing the pill, trying not to break the metal with varied success.  Now I rarely take pills/gum/candy so it is rare for me to do so, and if I have to I go quick and dirty, trying not to think to much on it (or arouse some latent OCD... ;) :P ).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.