News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Best wishes

Started by Pachyderm, December 31, 2012, 03:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

May I just take this opportunity to wish everyone here a Happy Hogmanay? I can? Excellent.

I propose to give you the toast of the Highland Regiments.

"Here's tae us!"
"Whaa's like us?"
"Damn few!"
"An' they're a' deid!"

We're a cheery bunch, the Scots...    ::)

Happy Hogmanay! ;D :balloons: :beer: :toast: :toasted: :winebottle: :winebottle: :winebottle: :winebottle: :woohoo: :woohoo: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant:  :stars: :stars: :badger:

:hug: :grouphug: :glomp: :dancinghug:

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Lindorm

Happy New Year, everybody!

:fireworks_toss: :fireworks_spread: :fireworks_fire:
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Opsa

We have eleven hours to go, here....

Hope yours is a very wonderful new year filled with great opportunities and the wisdom to take them!

:-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*    :-*

Griffin NoName

Five and a half hours to go here!! What will I do for these last hours. Continue to fiddle with my laptop to erradicate all the faults I keep getting OR watch a film on TV?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Lindorm

Darlica and I are having thoughts about a nice old black-and-white swashbuckling movie. The prisoner of Zenda, perhaps? Or something with Douglas Fairbanks swinging through the rigging of a pirate ship? Time to wax the moustache and sharpen the rapier!  ;)
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Still adding minor parts to my saga while major parts still remain unwritten and others untyped (10 pages manuscript). They typed parts have just exceeded 26 pages or more precisely 1380 lines and nearly 20K words. If it proceeds that way, I'll not have finished it by even next New Year's Eve.
No chance that I will ever translate the whole thing into English.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on December 31, 2012, 07:01:27 PMNo chance that I will ever translate the whole thing into English.

:-(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 31, 2012, 07:16:57 PM
Quote from: Swatopluk on December 31, 2012, 07:01:27 PMNo chance that I will ever translate the whole thing into English.

:-(

I tested a chapter on Google Translator and the results were at least intelligible. But I guess it will totally fail on the verses used in several places.

Opsa

Seven hours to go, here. We're going to a Mandarin buffet (I know- it's not Chinese New Year!) and then over to a pal's house for wine and tidbits. (That sounds naughty, but I was afraid I'd screw up spelling whore's devourers.)

We'll probably be home by 11, knowing us!

Lindorm

Darlica and I can report from the future: So far, 2013 looks remarkably like 2012, but with more smoke from fireworks.

Also, the champagne bottles in the house have been mysteriously emptied. We blame Darlica's plush rat -it's the only logical conclusion, after all.

K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

I did without alcohol. I had planned to open a bottle of dry cidre but given the stage of my stomach that was out of the question.

Griffin NoName

Fireworks spectacular. They do them against the background of the London Eye on the Thames. I can see them on the TV or watch out of my kitchen window where I can just see the very high ones for real.
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Some seemingly organized jokesters did a 'keep 'em awake' for (what it seems) most of the night. First a bang, then a howler immediately after. Wait a few minutes then repeat. Does not need much or expensive ammo but is highly effective. What made me think that it was organized is that each cyle near us got followed within seconds by another in the distance with the same pattern.

Sibling DavidH

Happy 2013, everyone!  Lang may yer lums reek.

We went to bed at 10.15, exhausted by a day with Cap'n B (we had been wading through the floods in a park in Hereford), and were woken by His Monkiness at a very reasonable 6.30.  We've done all that Auld Lang Syne stuff before.

Have a good year, Siblings.

Opsa

We were actually wide awake, playing Wii tennis at midnight, probably due to the tequila shooters.

We are paying this morning, however. Due to the tequila shooters. And the wine. And the champagne. Where are my saltines?