News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Progress Unwanted - Experiences of a Shopaholic

Started by Griffin NoName, December 11, 2012, 03:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I saw this great T-shirt on one of my regular on-line shopping sites today and put it in my "basket". During checkout, I found that my account (I have a credit account with them, though I don't know why really, it just sort of happened about 8 years ago) had completely disappeared and they were asking me to set up a new one with a new credit search (I don't want a credit search as when credit searches tot up it affects one's credit rating negatively, and anyway, I want my account, where is it). so I abandoned the purchase and emailed their "Help" to ask where my account had gone to.

When I picked up my email later there was an email from the online shop saying "you put something in your basket but didn;t check out, come back and check it out..........." or words to that effect. !!!!! I often put things in baskets and change my mind and abandon purchases.............. never had such an email before, shops are getting desperate.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

nefyuBB

I no longer want any more stuff . What a burden!
I love shopping for bargains on food and drink though !

Griffin NoName

Yes, stuff is a burden. I have an excess of stuff. Getting rid of it is hard. Especially as I seem to accumulate more and more without any going out the other way.

I just got a fantastic bargain on amazon, unlikely product to buy from amazon, cowboy boots for only £20 - I thought they might be horrendous so cheap, but they are fantastic, and I love them, and even if they fall to pieces I will have had the pleasure of owning them. They have these wonderful redundant straps with dinky little oval buckles and brassy studs and pointed toes. They have brightened my day. Of course, I hardly ever go out, so a bit of a silly purchase all round. But sometimes one just has to take the opportunity for capitalist happiness. I have them by my bed so I can gaze on them frequently.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

nefyuBB

I'm collecting 25¢ pieces . I think its an easy out ... I can spend them later when I'm tired of the novelty of collecting.

Sibling DavidH

pieces o nine

Grif, your boots made me smile. I picked up a pair of 'mules' (slip on shoes) with western styling, in a rather unusual bronzey gold crinkled leather. But the western toe was noticeably longer than normal and actually curled upwards. They were hilarious and I could not resist them: I called them my "Ali Bubba" boots and wore them often.

Don't just gaze at them, wear them. Prop your feet up on pillows so you can better admore them if necessary.   :)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Bruder Cuzzen

Have at if necessary.  I got these brass and or bronze dinner bells as well as a few silver plated ones that are a wee boring .

I'm keeping those .

And the small prints . I'm keeping those .

And the cat looks better .
Since he is off the steroid as well.
He is picky about the cat nip.
Cat will not use the cheap litter .

I'm not keeping the cat.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

poor kitty....  :'(

Hopefully your move will be a (relatively) smooth one.  :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bruder Cuzzen