News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Never Ending Toadfish Interview Cycle!

Started by goat starer, November 17, 2006, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Off Topic Post!

Where in Central Texas?--As a Texan, all Texas interests me, especially the fact that "Central Texas" goes for 300 miles, minimum, in all directions from the geographic center of Texas.

I can drive for four hours, and still be solidly in Central Texas. ;) But i'd be sleepy...
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

central Texas is inbetween Narnia and the Alamo.

1. Favorite baked good/pastry?

There is only one important pastry baked item and that is the cornish pasty. if you aint had one then come surfing with me in cornwall and I will shw you the best in the world!

2. Favorite book?

for making me think Catch 22, for making me laugh The long dark teatime of the soul, for reafirming my understanding how mumbo jumbo conquered the world and for bedtime reading hamlet

3. Stupidest thing you've ever done/said

too many to count! wasting my onechance to ask William Gibson a question by asking him about the price of hardback books would be pretty high but if I would be honest I would say letting a girl called helen slip through my fingers through stupidity, nievetyand childish infidelity would probably top the list.

-----------------------------------------

1) one wish. 5 words. off you go!

2) are you responsible?

3) Does your family approve of your job?

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bluenose

1) one wish. 5 words. off you go!

No diabetes or side effects

2) are you responsible?

No.  I didn't do it.  No body saw me do it.  You can't prove anything...
(with apologies to Bart Simpson)

3) Does your family approve of your job?

Yes.  If only they knew....  ;) :D

1. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee or what?

3. What was the last live performance (music, theatre etc) you paid money for to see?

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

We lived in Kerville, a little town 60 miles outside San Antonio.
Quote from: Bluenose on December 14, 2006, 02:18:04 AM
1. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee or what?

3. What was the last live performance (music, theater etc) you paid money for to see?
1) Take fifth at the Stanford invitational tournie. I'm a bit boring, I know.

2) Coffee in the morning, tea the rest of the day.

3) Paid? Hmm...I don't know. But I did see Godsmack for free in 2003. I will be going to see Man of la Mancha tomorrow, I think.
=========================================

1. Most interesting place you've been
2. Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragon? What were you?
3.Favorite stand-up comedian
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

1. Bancroft, Ontario, Canada.  November 25, 2000, specifically.  That's the day I got "bitten by the bug" as they say.  A combination of the place and the circumstances did it.  Plus, there's a huge rock face that runs most of the length of town called the "Eagle's Nest".  If you sit in the Tim Hortons and look out the front window, all you see is rock - it's amazing to look at.

2. No D & D, but in my youth I dabbled in the Robotech RPG.  I had a few different characters.

3. Brent Butt.  I've laughed so hard at his stand-up routine that I was worried I'd injure myself.  I don't know if you'll get the full effect without the video, but you can hear some of his stuff here.

1.  What's the biggest fear you've conquered?

2.  What's your favourite movie and why?

3.  Automatic or a stick?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Lambicus the Toluous1.  What's the biggest fear you've conquered?

2.  What's your favourite movie and why?

3.  Automatic or a stick?

1. Needles have always been my biggest fear, but I haven't conquered it yet. I guess the fear that I've conquered would listening to other people's arguments. The fear that one is not right is quite difficult to live with. Fortunately I have conquered that fear quite early.

2. I love plenty of movies. It's difficult to define my favourite. I'll just go with "Requiem for a Dream". I've seen it hundred times and it doesn't fail to leave an impression on me every time I see it.

3. Stick. Not a fan of automatic. I find it quite boring to drive without manual.

==================================================

1. What is the first thing you do every morning after you wake up?

2. Do you consider yourself immature?

3. You're stuck in a traffic jam. What do you do?

I'm back..

Sibling Chatty

Grey,

I know Kerville!! (It's not so little anymore.)

So do most Texas lovers...it's the Big Deal of the Hill Country along with New Braunsfel, AND it's the home of Kinky Friedman.

They also have a forensics program that's exceptional. The last time I had to judge at a tournament, Keeville took all firsts in interp and debate, and had 3 out of 6 firsts in individual speech events, just totally knocking out every other team there, including several that were 'nationally rated'.

Their new high school seems to be doing well, too. Yes, Kerville's big enough to have 2 BIG high schools.

And yes, the locals are referred to as Kerrverts.

Really? When I lived there ten or so years ago, it was tiny. By my standards at least, given that I had just moved from Denver to there. It was home of many old retired geologists, my grandfather included, as I recall.
My grandparents know Kinky, actually, and like him as far as I know.
I hadn't heard they had a speech program, at all, but that sounds really good.
=================================
1. What is the first thing you do every morning after you wake up?

Get myself a cup of iced coffee, and either watch the news or get on the internet.

2. Do you consider yourself immature?

Oh yes. I entertain myself frequently with stupid things.

3. You're stuck in a traffic jam. What do you do?

Sigh and wait it out. Or turn around, provided there's not a lane island in the way.

-------------------------------
1. What's the weirdest thing you're fascinated by?

2. How did you find His Noodliness?

3. Muffins or cupcakes?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

1. What is the first thing you do every morning after you wake up? Scratch meself. Under the covers, where no-one can see. Ahhhhh....

2. Do you consider yourself immature? Tremendously so. Keeps me young.

3. You're stuck in a traffic jam. What do you do? Put her in Park, crank up the tunes, sing at the top of my lungs and dance in my seat.

Edit: o foo, Kanaola and I answered simultaneously and I came in last. So:

1. What's the weirdest thing you're fascinated by? Everything.

2. How did you find His Noodliness? A great friend and spiritual advisor pointed me that way.

3. Muffins or cupcakes? Muffins. Less guilt!

Next questions:

1) Do you like where you are right now?

2) What is your favorite sound?

3) Do you think that okra originated on planet Earth?

Aggie

1. Wild foods.  I'll hit the brakes and pull over for a bit of wild fruit, ESPECIALLY blackberries.  I can also spot said fruit, asparagus stalks, the few types of wild mushrooms I know are safe, and a host of other plants from great distance.  So, if you see someone wandering around the forest eating the flowers, please wave.

2. Perfectly cooked, but the sauce has been left on to long and is burnt and bitter.  A point of sadness since I'm a natural born Pastafarian (and still insist I was Touched by a NA and shown the interconnectedness of the universe), but I refuse to continue to be associated with the trademarked commercial creation of a guy who feels that publically ridiculing hatemails and flogging car emblems and shoddily written books is more important than using his 15 minutes of fame to try mend fences and start some inter-group dialogue (btw, anyone want a car emblem and pin?  PM me.)

3. Muffins, but HATE over-sugared cakeized 'muffins' (think Costco muffins)....  just give me a proper cupcake and quit the charades.  Muffins should be hearty breakfast food.

ACH!  Opas, I did it too!  Not erasing that bit up there...

Next questions:
1) Do you like where you are right now?

Um, yes and no.  Job -> Good (rather not be working, though), city and province SUXORS.  I want to go back to BC.

2) What is your favorite sound?

Birdsong in the temperate rainforest on Vancouver island.  After that, running water or surf.

3) Do you think that okra originated on planet Earth?

Yes, but I also believe I can derive both an aphrodesiac and a nontoxic water treatment product from okra, so my opinions are suspect.

----------------

1. Would you be living a totally different lifestyle than you are now if you could?

2. If yes, why aren't you?

3. (If yes to 1) Will you eventually be able to live it?
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

1. Would you be living a totally different lifestyle than you are now if you could?

You betcha. One with more money.

2. If yes, why aren't you?

Cancer, neurofibromatosis, assorted genetic and other illnesses. I can't work anymore. (I did for 9+ years after DX, and it almost killed me. Bad mave.)

3. (If yes to 1) Will you eventually be able to live it?

Probably not. If ya got a magic want, i'll try.

===========

1) What one material possession do you value most?

2) Do you have any superstitions/lucky rituals? (Like putting on one sock first, rubbing the head of your Elmo doll, touching your lucky coin, etc.)

3) Do you resemble anybody famous?

goat starer

1) What one material possession do you value most?

My dads tuck box from his boarding school

2) Do you have any superstitions/lucky rituals? (Like putting on one sock first, rubbing the head of your Elmo doll, touching your lucky coin, etc.)

not really. I am developing a superstition that taking Mrs Goat to watch Tranmere Rovers makes tham lose so I may stop taking her  :-[

3) Do you resemble anybody famous?

People tell me I loo like british actor Colin Firth. There are worse things to look like. My dad is the spitting image of Harold Shipman the biggest serial killer in British history.

------------------------------------------------------

1. Will you be drunk on christmas day?

2. How old is your house?

3. Would you like a biscuit?
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

1. Will you be drunk on christmas day?

Eww, no. I don't like alcohol.

2. How old is your house?

Not sure, but I'll guess that its about twenty years old.

3. Would you like a biscuit?

Yes. I like busciuts & cookies, so either way. Actually, the American application of buscuit sounds really good right now.
You'll have to excuse me, I have a mother to persuade.

_______________________________-
1. Are you going to go watch the new Harry Potter movie when it comes out?

2. Books or movies?

3. Ever read "graphic novels?"

Griffin NoName

1. Are you going to go watch the new Harry Potter movie when it comes out?

When it comes on tv or dvd. I can't get out to a cinema. But if i could, yes.

2. Books or movies?

Used to be books. But now I cant read for long. so it's movies on tv. But if i got better, it'd be books again.

3. Ever read "graphic novels?"

Started on the Rupert Bear Annual. Then later progressed to reading Asterix to my kids. The only graphic books I've read recently are Introducing Freud, and Introducing Jung, graphic and quite novel in their own way.

1. Who do you most want to see over the festive season and why?

2. If you lived in another country which would it be and why?

3. What's the most interesting (to you) thing you've learnt this year?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: NoName1. Who do you most want to see over the festive season and why?

2. If you lived in another country which would it be and why?

3. What's the most interesting (to you) thing you've learnt this year?

1. A lot of people. I'm going home so I'll probably see them.

2. I used to live in Serbia, before I moved for my studies, and I go back there every occasion I can (and I consider that place my home). That is more or less the (only) country I would consider live in at the moment, for various reasons. One of them is I just love the people there.

3. I've learnt that I can drink a bottle (0,7l) of whiskey without being sick on that evening or the other day. It was a very useful lesson.

===================================================

1. Do you maintain Christmas traditions and which?

2. Are you planning to kiss someone under the mistletoe?

3. What crazy thing have you always been keen to do, but never had the courage?

I'm back..