News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Never Ending Toadfish Interview Cycle!

Started by goat starer, November 17, 2006, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Are you an "I wouldn't change a thing!" or "I would change things!" type, when looking back on your life?
The question is not, whether I would change things but whether I could have done so and what the results would have been.

^ Why?
I see a lot of possibly missed opportunities. Maybe I could have kept my job (and likely damaged my health in the long term through the daily 5 hours commuting) or successfully wooed a certain girl (and would have become a widower in 2000 at age 26) to just name two things.

Would you rather write an autobiography or be the subject of a biography?
I can do very well without either. I prefer obscurity

-------

Are you politically active and if so in what ways?

Do you think your parents did a good job (concerning you)?

Have you ever seriously considered writing a book or actually done so (no job qualification writing like theses etc.)?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

Are you politically active and if so in what ways?
I'm not politically active in the sense that I go out on the street and campaign, but I do like to debate politics online, although that's almost exclusively Facebook these days (I know). I occasionally post politically-charged posts on the internet, both in forums and on, you guessed it, Facebook. I have accounts with a few online newspapers, and occasionally make comments on these as well.

Saying all the above, I do have political conversations in meatspace too, although these aren't as frequent as my online conversations on politics. I do not subscribe to any particular political party either, although if pushed, i'll say I don't vote for either of the two most popular political parties in the UK.

Do you think your parents did a good job (concerning you)?
I believe that they could have done better purely because nobody is perfect, but then "perfect" is hardly a word i'd ever consider using in relation to my parents. Although my brother and I were provided for in many ways such as there always being food in the house, and us receiving what my parents could afford when it was time to buy presents, I do have a few complaints.

My father was too strict with me, especially when younger, but then this was him picking it up from his father, who picked it up from his father, and so on. From what I know, strictness has certainly lowered over the generations. My grandfather used to be beaten quite badly by his father, and my father reasonably badly by his father, but on a far lesser scale. My granddad came to regret a great many things later in life, which is why he was strict yet fair with my brother and I. I'm glad he changed.

My own father was never one for emotional intimacy with me and my brother, which was again a trait he picked up from granddad. I never felt that I could speak to him about just anything, and it always felt weird when he tried to be close like that. Long ago I vowed to take the best in the way I was raised, and forget the bad, bringing in my own good things. I also realised that i'll most probably bring my children up (if I ever have them) with the same neuroses as I have, lol. ;D

Have you ever seriously considered writing a book or actually done so (no job qualification writing like theses etc.)?
Yes I have. I've considered writing up my travel experiences for a number of years now, but have never found the will to just sit down and start it properly.

I also sketched the outline of a science fiction epic a few years ago, along the lines of the classic writers Arthur C Clarke, Frank Herbert, and Isaac Asimov, but once again never got round to starting it.

Have you ever considered just packing up the bare essentials and travelling the world for the rest of your life?

If you were given the chance to be a pioneer colonist on Mars or the Moon, would you do it?

If you could be the figurehead (ie - Prime Minister, President, etc) of any country in the world, which one would it be?
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers