News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Never Ending Toadfish Interview Cycle!

Started by goat starer, November 17, 2006, 10:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

BBC Radio 4 has a programme where a comedian interviews on of their favorite comedians. The following week the interviewee becomes the interviewer and so on ad infinitum!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/chainreaction.shtml

In terms of fostering mutual understansing and general love i thought something similar might work here. One sibling asks four or five questions of another. That sibling answers and poses four or five questions of somebody else (with a quick PM to the interviewee to stimulate a response). Nobody would have to answer questions they did not want to but it might give us a little insight into our little community.

Would anyone like to kick off with an interview for another user (alternatively you can tell me it is a daft idea  ;D
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Opsa

Sounds like fun, but how about just three questions, just to make it easier for siblings like me who can't remember what they had for breakfast?

Questions for the next sibling:

1)What did you have for breakfast?

2)Did you ever entertain thoughts about joining a monastery before you came here?

3)What's that on your head?

The Meromorph

1. Beef stew. It was delicious.
2. No, but I once tried to recruit an entire monastery into becoming a coding 'factory' for software. Light intellectual work. Can easily be fitted between devotions. Encourages comtemplation...
3. It's a hat. Which one depends on when you're reading this. I have a lot of hats, but my wife won't let me wear some of them in public. Or in private, if she's there.

Questions for next sibling:

1. Why did you choose to answer next?
2. How do you feel about your body?
3. Why do you like swimming?
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Chatty

1) I'm here.
2) Betrayed
3) I like the feeling of weighlessness, and the idea of being able to just float, without a struggle to DO anything.

Questions:

1. What would you change if you had the power to make ONE change in your current employer?

2. What material thing have you always wanted but never been able to have?

3. If you had to spend the next 6 months without being able to hear a human voice, except that of one person, whose voice would you choose to be able to hear?
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

This looks like alot of fun!

1) I would very much love for him to be able to see his employee's point of view.
2) Doc Martins.  I really had to think about that one.  I just bought a house recently so that was the big one I've been striving for.  I just can't justify spending 300.00 on a pair of bloody boots.  But they're so cool...  The internal power struggle continues...
3) Hmm..  the silly side of me would love to say James Earl Jones or Sean Connery.  >:)  But the first one that truly comes to mind is my son Kronos the Krazee.  He and I have this funky connection.  He'd keep me sane and ok.

Questions:

1) What's your favourite colour and why?
2) What's your biggest dream/hope?
3) What was your childhood like?
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Opsa

1) What's your favourite colour and why?
Green, because it suggests the sprouting of life.

2) What's your biggest dream/hope?
To raise the level of peace in this world by first raising my own tolerance level through humbleness and communication with others. What good is it to be rich or famous or well when people are suffering everywhere from a malady that CAN be helped through a better evolved mindset?

3) What was your childhood like?
In one way it was BAD because my parents broke up and my mom had a nervous breakdown/depression which lasted the rest of it from about age nine on through.
In another way: GOOD because by that time I had developed an imagination and a very strong sense of optimism which pulled me and my younger sister through some bleak times.

Every Christmas I remember the year we had nothing and how my sister and I wrapped lots of tiny little things we'd made and found and put up a tree ourselves and put all these tiny things under it. I still remember this as one of the best Christmasses ever because we made the magic ourselves and in a way it was quite empowering.

Questions for next sibling:

1) What is your favorite holiday memory?

2) What is your favorite warm drink?

3) Do you ever scamper?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Holiday memory?  *whew* I have so many pearls that it's impossible to select just one.  How about a college?  Christmas morning with my sister, at the crack of dawn, and joy in my parents' eyes; Christmas eve candle-light service, sanctuary dark, but for 1,100 candles, a-capella singing of carols; spending all day of the "middle" of 3 day visit to my paternal grandma's talking with my cousin about imaginary things we'd only just made up; cold, cold snow on the ground, chasing kittens at my maternal grandma's farm-- and catching one; long, long car-rides, telling family stories over and over about "remember when so-and-so..."; trips that ended safely, in spite of heavy snow, and a highway-spin out or three; images of grandma's home-made "tree" cut from the back 40, decorated with the exact same lights and ornaments; that too-full feeling after eating HUGE Thanksgiving meal around a too-crowded table; "okay. just one more slice of mincemeat pie, then"; saying goodbye in the driveway for hours and hours ... *sigh*

Favorite warm drink?  That's easy:  coffee-chocolate!  Very strong coffee, with a boat-load of chocolate instead of creamer/sugar.

Scamper? Alas, not anymore. I suppose I'm too old, and my bones do not like that activity at all.  But, I do enjoy watching kittens, puppies, squirrels and other critters (including immature humans of any age) scamper.  Sometimes with just a touch of envy. :D

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

1. What was your favorite fictional character, when you were younger? (or, even now, actually)

2. Do you have an especial-favorite older relative/sibling/mentor/whatever that you still look to for guidance/inspiration (or would, if they were still corporeal)?

3. What/when is your favorite time of Year?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

goat starer

1. the smallest turtle in a book called turtle pond. It was a beatifully drawn story about the trials of baby turtles.

2. I dont take guidance very well (especially not spiritual) but I look to my father for anything practical and my mum can be relied upon to put in her tuppence on emotional issues (whether invited or not). I have enormous respect for my little brothers intellect and he is one of the people I really respect the opinions of.

3. Winter. I love storms and snow and the power of nature that winter demonstrates. That said I am pretty fond of all of the seasons. I do not really like the formal holidays - they always bring out the worst in me and I am prone to bouts of dissapointment - especially at Christmas.

--------------------------------------------

three questions for the next sibling...

1) What generates your enthusiasm?

2) do you consider yourself to be a creative person?

3) If you could live through any historical event what would it be?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Chatty

I'm going to assume that one can answer more than once in the thread...

1] Lots of things, mostly other people.

2] Yes. Weirdly creative. (The only thing that's very mainstream about my creative impulses are floral designs because I still tend toward what's marketable.)

3] The signing of Magna Carta.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

1. What is your favorite flavor (of anything, your choice)?

2. What would you do with $3,000 'free money'--with the proviso that you can't pay bills, all use must qualify as frivolous.

3. Which forum member (Sibling or OWL or Pirate) would you most want to meet?

Bluenose

1. What is your favorite flavor (of anything, your choice)?

Chilli

2. What would you do with $3,000 'free money'--with the proviso that you can't pay bills, all use must qualify as frivolous.

Charter a yacht in the Whitsunday Passage for a week or two (or however long US$3,000 would last.

3. Which forum member (Sibling or OWL or Pirate) would you most want to meet?

Hmm, hard question.  There are quite a few, but you ask me to narrow it down to one, so the answer is Sibling Chatty.

++++++++++++++++++++++

1. What are you most proud of?

2. Who has had the greatest influence on your personal philosophy?

3. What person, living or dead, would you most like to be able to have dinner with?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

goat starer

1. What are you most proud of?

The parts of my job that involve supporting people to do extraordinary things. In particular being able to help a yound man from one of our most deprived council estates raise £500,000 to build a new park on a derelict site

2. Who has had the greatest influence on your personal philosophy?

I suppose I would have to say that the real influencers have been my family. beyond that I would include J R Lucas who taught me to thing

3. What person, living or dead, would you most like to be able to have dinner with?

Marx (karl not Groucho although I would happily do either)

1) which do you prefer, animals or people?

2) If you could change one event in history (thereby altering its course in ways you may imagine but cannot be certain of) would you?

3) If so what event would that be?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

DaveL

[**************************

1) which do you prefer, animals or people?

I love both, but prefer people. Some of my warmest childhood memories are growing up with pets though.

2) If you could change one event in history (thereby altering its course in ways you may imagine but cannot be certain of) would you?

Oh yes, historical events are often driven by the smallest, not largest forces of change.

3) If so what event would that be?

Getting George W to sign the Kyoto Protocol for one. A proper count of the votes in Florida in 2000...don't get me started...too many in the last 6 years to comprehend

1)If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?

2)What song moves you like no other? Why?

3)Where were you 10 years ago? Tell us a story of your life back then?
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Not sure... I'm not picky; I go where I'm put.   :)

Right this minute, being in a hotel room in Wales getting ready for Rally Great Britain would be pretty cool, but I'd really like to be anywhere that my friends and family are.

I think it has to be Fare the Well, Love by the Rankin Family.  My wife's signing group sings it a capella; with 70 people singing it, it's powerfully sad.  Also, because of the melody, I automatically picture a piper playing it at a funeral when I hear it.

Hmm... ten years... that would be the fall of 1996.  I would have been in my year off between high school and university. 

I had applied to several very competitive university programs in the areas of film, television and theatre production.  I got rejected by most of them (one school did offer me an acceptance in "Cultural Studies", but when your life's ambition is to swing from a lighting grid, that just doesn't cut it), and spent the summer as #2 on the waiting list for my top choice of Theatre Technical Production, only to find out that for the first time in the history of the program, everybody who was offered an acceptance took it.

So, in September, I found out I wasn't getting in and decided to spend the year doing two things: saving money, and improving my grades at night school.

I got a job as an electronics salesman at a department store in October, so that would've taken up most of my time for the year following.  Exactly 10 years ago today, I was also taking Algebra & Geometry at night.

I re-applied to university for the following year.  I applied to the Theatre Technical Production program that had originally turned me down, and a bunch of engineering programs (since I now had the marks and the prerequisites, thanks to my night school).  I got offered acceptances to all of them, including Theatre Tech, and finally decided on the more stable (but still interesting) path of engineering rather than theatre.

1) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?

2) What did you like about your favourite subject in school?

3) What was your biggest childhood adventure?
(Not necessarily a trip away... even an "expedition" through the neigbourhood with your friends could count)

goat starer

I wrote these answers, saved them but didny post them but now I, retardedly, feel I would like to questions so here goes! I will repost the questions of Sibling Lambicus the Toluous at the bottom as i have no intention of nicking those questions (and apologies for disrupting the flow!)

I am tempted to say Liverpool out of bloody minded city patriotism but the truth is Cornwall. I love the place. it is like nowhere else I have been and is full of beauty and suprises. beaches, mines, birds and amimals, fogs, sunshine, peace and excitement! alternatively the slides at the Tate Modern. did them yesterday when I should have been in a meeting and I recommend them heartily!

Light from a dead star by Lush. A fairly little known English band who made three great albums and an assortment of other good songs. This one is the opening track of the alum 'split' and it makes me feel like someome reached into me and wrote a somg about what they found. Very much connected with the next answer.....

1996. I had finished university in summer 1995 and in short order had been been dumped by the girl I loved (and still believe I do) since 6th form, got grades that were not as good as I should have (but which i deserved) and generally screwed up everything. In summer 1996 I had been dragged home (literally) by my parents, was drinking a phenomenal amount, taking drugs and generally being a bit of a idiot. Exactly 10 years ago I moved to bristol to live with a friend, got a job in a bookshop and started badly trying to get my life in order. 10 years later (4 collapsed lungs, 1 brain heamorhrage, 3 terrible girlfriends, 1 good one, assorted other liaisons, too many drinks, too litle consistency and a vast dose of cynicism but one beautiful fiance who puts up with all of that) I am nearly there. I hope.

By the way did I ever tell you all I love you  :)

Goat

--------------------------------------------------------

(Not necessarily a trip away... even an "expedition" through the neigbourhood with your friends could count)

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Sibling Chatty

OK, it's me again.

500 miles from my Mom.

OK, right here, but with either some help with Mom, or Mom 'getting' the concept of fatigue and stress being bad for me, so she'll quit inducing stress, and quit wanting me to do things I can't.

MUSIC!! It was...music! Orchestra, choir, either one, both, even marching band.

Bad, either the cross burning on our lawn or when I was kidnapped. (Both related to my father refusing to put an unqualified white worker in a position above a very qualified Hispanic worker.) The cross-burners aroused my ire for messing up my goldfish pond and I went out and yelled at them. (Age? 5, probably.) The 'kidnappers' didn't know that I bit when very angry. They learned.

Good...when we took wood stakes and chickenwire and a sod cutter, and cut huge squares of clover and made a 'tunnel' that grew to be a tunnel city just big enough for kids and dogs, but not Moms and Dads, and kept on adding on (Daddy was a little concerned about us using all his chickenwire, so we got hogwire out of my Grandpa's barn) until it covered most of a half-acre lot. Started it 2 days after school was out (end of May?), and it lasted until early August before it got too hot and our clover died. That a group of children were using a $300 sod cutter (1958 dollars) was not an issue, as we put it back where we got it from when we were through.

====================

1) What is your "I know it's irrational, and I don't care" fear?

2) What's your favorite kind of cake? CAKE!!

3) What cartoon/comic book/fictional character from childhood do you remember most?