News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Two Swato Problems

Started by Griffin NoName, March 29, 2007, 11:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Re: 

1. "Show new replies to your posts" option is not working properly at the moment. I see new posts in e.g. Last Post but they don't show up when I update the list.

2. the "mark as unread" option at the end of threads has disappeared.

======================================================================

1. Occasionally I find the search "show unread since last login" doesn't - this usually happens when there has been some server problem. It's possible this may have been the cause of no new replies shown for you. Is this problem still happening. If so, is it consistent?

2. Mark as Unread is a "Theme" setting. Have you changed themes recently?

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

ivor

The version of SMF I am using is the stock version.  The problems with DreamHost are probably causing weird errors.   If it's still happening when we get into a stable hosting environment then I will take a look at it.  If you want to look into it, Griffin go to http://simplemachines.org/forum.

What template are you using Swato?

Swatopluk

The one without the monastery picture on top (I think that's called unwrapped).
The change with the "mark unread" occurred in the past on threads I had started myself and now is missing on every thread since I became mod.
I didn't change anything.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

ivor

I'll bet you don't get that being a mod.  You want me to take mod off and see if the button comes back?

Edit:
I know it won't work.  I just tried it with my non-Admin persona.  I would imagine it's that way by design although I have no idea why.  I poked around and didn't find anything at simplemachines.org/forum

Anybody else care to look?  I have to go to work at my new job! A few more weeks and we'll have our own server!

Griffin NoName

Re: mark as unread

I see a "Mark unread" in the top of the topic threads.

( I don't know if this only happens for Admins)

This seems to be different to the "Mark as Unread" you describe at the bottom???

If you look at the Support Forum for SMF, and search "mark as unread" (in the search left hand side, not the forum search), it throws up lots of very confused people. I started reading through but got bored !!  There may be some answer somewhere in there if you were to perservere but on the whole it seems that there are a few issues with SMF either not doing quite what is expected but can be "explained" and/or possible bugs.

Do you see a "mark unread" in top of topic threads?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Yes. Normally is was bottom right and the normal location of readers is more likely at the bottom of the thread ;).

ivor

I don't log on much as a non-admin so I never saw it.  I'll bet the developers don't know there's a problem or it's that way by design.

Sibling Chatty

I don't think two Swatos would be a problem.

A spare could come in handy!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :high5:
This sig area under construction.

The Meromorph

We need four of him - for eight legs, ya know...  ;D
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Chatty

True. It will make the squiddies much more at ease with an eight-legged surrogate father.

:squidlings: :squidlings: :squidlings: :squidlings:
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

But I would have to get rid of that backbone...eh...never mind. ::)