News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Trouble uploading recipe

Started by Bluenose, December 12, 2006, 01:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

I tried to load a recipe to the new Recipe section, put in all the ingredients, added the method etc, then pressed the [Save] button and - nothing happened.  the form I was filling in disappeared and the recipe did not appear in the list.  Did I do something wrong?

Sibling Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Dang it!  Why did the first recipe I entered work and the next one fail.  I'll check it out.  If you want enter a bs recipe until the field that is not working is found.  I will just delete the test ones.  Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated.  :'(

Bluenose

Hi MB,

Tried several times, put something in all the fields (except all the ingredient fields, but I assume as long as there is at least one ingredient it should be OK, and I did not post an image, which I would have assumed is optional anyway (I know what assume means....)

I wonder whether I am going about it the right way, I have been going into the recipe section, clicking on Control Panel and then clicking on the [New Recipe] button.  Is this the right place?  If not, where should I go to add a recipe?

Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

That is the right place.  It's hard to see but if you look at the top after you hit save it says Image Missing or something.  I didn't put an image in for Kephra's cheesecake.  It must be some kooky bug.

MB

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'm back..

Bluenose

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on December 12, 2006, 11:48:01 PM
...It must be some kooky bug.

:D :D  At least we didn't pay $1,000,000 for it like a large international company did for the piece of shyte software I am supporting at the moment.  It has more bugs than bits that work.  And don't talk to me about vendor support...  Sheesh!  [/rant]

:D

I'll have a go and see what happens if I upload a small pic.

sibling Bluenose

ivor

I disabled the image upload for a bit until they get it fixed.  I couldn't make heads or tails of the code.  The website is in Italian.  :(

It's working now for people to add their recipes.  We'll just get the pictures later if there are any.

Thanks Sibling Bluenose for helping me out.

Bluenose

Yep, I thought that might be the case, if you edit your entry (once its up there) instead of a [save] button, you get [Salva] :D :D

Thank you MB for your efforts here and everywhere in this site!  It is by no small measure your work that is making this a great place to be.  As someone who has worked on "the infrastructure" for a long time, I know that you rarely get thanked and no-one notices until something goes wrong.  I hope you realise that any comments about things being NQR are meant to help out, rather than being complaints.  Obviously we cannot fix things we do not know are broken, so I will continue to let you know about things as I find them.  BTW, I post them on the board rather than sending a PM about issues because others may have an insite to the problem I do not and I recognose that others may know what I'm doing wrong, which is always a large possibility!

In any case it is very refreshing to have a board that responds to members' comments/suggestions as well as this one does.

Keep up the great work, we really appreciate it!  :rockon:

Sibling Bluenose

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Bluenose on December 13, 2006, 03:04:51 AM

Keep up the great work, we really appreciate it!  :rockon:

Sibling Bluenose

I would ECHO that sentiment :toadfish:!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

Thanks everybody!  That's really nice.

I am right there on the edge of Joomla technology.  Some of it is a little iffy.

MB

Sibling Chatty

Mongo, Baby, you're my favorite whippin' geek...

Smoochies to ya.
This sig area under construction.

ivor