News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Activation process not working as it should

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, June 01, 2006, 06:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Late last night, I tried to activate with "Humming Toadfish" and waited for the activation e-mail.

I separately tested my forum e-mail (the one I use for forums) and it was working fine.

This morning, I still had not received the activation e-mail.  So I tried the "resend" but the system said "Humming Toadfish" is NOT a user.

So.  I tried activating again - this time, it said "Humming Toadfish already in use".  Interesting.

So, I tried to log in - "Not registered user"

So, I tried changing the password for "Humming Toadfish" and viola!  I got a "your password has changed" e-mail, but STILL NO ACTIVATION e-mail!  VERY strange!

So I tried to log in with NEW password:  "You must register" appeared, with an option to send the registration e-mail.  Which I clicked.

NOW I get the registration e-mail.  It had a link, which I clicked.  NEW error message: "This account is already registered".  Stranger still.  How could it be already registered as I only now, just sent the registration e-mail?

Anyway, I tried to log in again:  "Login is blocked. Contact the administrator" message.

How to contact the admin when I cant log in?  Silly, silly message IMHO.

So, I tried the chat for a couple of messages, and tried the login again.

NOW it works, but it still says "this account is already registered" .... 

Did I cause an "end run" around the security by pre-emptively changing the password before the account was registered?

Very weird.  But, I seem to be logged in now ...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

ivor

Evil spirits infected DreamHost DNS services yesterday.  This site was affected as well as another I have.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Darren  ;D

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on June 02, 2006, 01:13:56 AM
Evil spirits infected DreamHost DNS services yesterday.  This site was affected as well as another I have.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Darren  ;D

No big dealio.

I was a bit concerned that I had somehow managed an "end run" around the activation process, though ...

Maybe things "crossed in the mail" or something ...  ;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

Is it cleared up now, Humm?

BTW, I like your avatar! Preeeteee...! :toadfish:

ivor

Should be fine.  It was DreamHost not the site.   ;D

Can't see hordes of Mongols breaking in or anything.  :o