News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I don't like to listen to a song over and over and over and over again...

That's how I got to hate Bryan Adams, my sister loved him and I had to listen to that bloody Robin Hood song more that it's healthy... Even today, after like ten years, I can't stand that guy. And the movie.

Last Post

I'm back..

Duke

I'm sort of sleepy......It's probably the music I'm listening to.............

Fortunately, I remain able to take the Last Post.

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

Aphos

Aha!!!  The Last Post is mine!
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Duke

Ah, I got over my sleepiness. Thank goodness for that, I can take the Last Post now!

Duke
"Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and
danced naked on a harpsicord singing Subtle Plans Are Here Again!"
--Black Adder

The Holy Grail Of Signature Quotes: http://hgosq.blogspot.com/

beagle

I remember when Capital Radio tried that on their listeners with Stairway to Heaven in the mid 70's. Or maybe it just seemed like it.

Last Post.
The angels have the phone box

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Now Stairway to Heaven is another thing... THat's a song that I could listen to almost constantly I think... :)

Come to think of it, I'm putting this song on right away...

Last led Post

I'm back..

beagle

Hmm.  We may need a "No stairway sign" like that music shop in "Wayne's World".

Only kidding.

Last denied   Post.

ivor

"That'll go over like a lead ballon"  ;D 

Last Post

Outis the Unready

Quote from: Duke on September 28, 2006, 08:35:43 PM
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

I really did walk 1.98 miles uphill both ways in Syracuse winters to get to school for 2 years. My mom actually verified this for my son who thought I was joking. (You had to be 2 miles away for a free buss pass, and it was $3 a day to bus without it...more than we could spare.... and there was a bloody great drumlin between my house and High School.)

Last (honest) post.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

beagle

... and you tell the kids of today that, and they won't believe you (especially the uphill both ways part).
Actually, I had to do the same for secondary school.  Well, I wanted the bus money for other things, shall we say.

Last I know what you meant really Post

Outis the Unready

Quote from: beagle on September 29, 2006, 01:11:52 PM
... and you tell the kids of today that, and they won't believe you (especially the uphill both ways part).
Actually, I had to do the same for secondary school.  Well, I wanted the bus money for other things, shall we say.
And I'm not even that old! My Father in law, just turned 70, he tells the 2 miles through the snow and rain story, and my mother in law points out that he lived across the street from the school, so it just shows what an idiot he was.
My only half-sibling I have a relationship with, my maternal half-sister, is 15 years my junior and SHE gets the "Kat walked two miles uphill both ways through snow and hail and pouring rain!" story.

Speaking of which, there is a fence right along the schoolyard, and people always hang underwear from the last post.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I lived within sight of my high school.  If I forgot something at home, I'd ask to be excused (austensibly for the washroom), walk home and back and be back in my seat in ten minutes.

Since most of my classmates had to ride buses from all over the city, this annoyed them no end.   :)

I did hear a story about when my grandfather was in school, though: in wintertime, his mother would bake him a potato every morning.  He'd use it to warm his hands on the walk to school, and then eat it as a snack mid-morning.

Later, in World War II, he wanted to be a bomber navigator.  He got accepted into the training program (which is a big deal, from what I've heard), went through ground school, started flight training and found out that he got motion sickness.  In the end, he became a radar operator.  That was his last post.

Swatopluk

Where better to start a new posting career than in the Last Post area/thread.
It will take some time to get used to the handling of a new set of forum controls.
And I do not have that much time at the moment, I fear.
But there should always be enough time for the Last Post.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Oh, Applaud!, Applaud!

If Swato's about I shall gladly stake my attempt at keeping the
Last Post,
vain though it may be.
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Yay!!!!!

Welcome Swato, finally a worthy opponent in the Last Post game...

;)

Last donttakeseriouslythiswasjustajokeandasignofadmirationandhappinessofswatosarrivalhere Post

I'm back..