News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

If I don't eat the chocolate in the fridge, no one else will.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

If I don't capture the earth and sell it, someone else will

Last Oh yes, it's true. Post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Last listening to a conspiracy theory on History Channel, about a "lost" h-bomb.  Most amusing. Post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Ahh! I hates bein' sun burnt, I does!

Last ow ow ow ow Post
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Precalculus makes my mind boggle sometimes.

Last But I seem to be very good at it Post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I lol'd

Last like lol'd hard Post

Going the way of Swato (sans ducks).

Lastm Post

Swatopluk

Since this is the most-read thread I have a question:
I am updating my curriculum vitae in English. How do you call the time period working on the PhD thesis. I mean not just the writing period but the whole time doing the research for it? Just doctorate or is there another term?

Last duck-free Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last I'll leave that one for the natives Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 28, 2008, 08:56:43 AM
Since this is the most-read thread I have a question:
I am updating my curriculum vitae in English. How do you call the time period working on the PhD thesis. I mean not just the writing period but the whole time doing the research for it? Just doctorate or is there another term?

Last duck-free Post

Last self-quoting and duck-free Post

Griffin NoName

Depends a bit on layout/style of CV. I don't see anything wrong with "Doctorate". But...... what was the nature of your relationship with the University? In Enlgand in some Universities (or in some subjects) you might be a Research Associate, or Research Student, or Supervisor (if some teaching) or in Sciences, various like Demonsttrator etc. allied to the Doctorate. Then of course, you may also be Bar Tender, Pizza Cook, etc at the same time too ;) 

Also, remember there is no such thing as A CV. For maximum effect every job application has its own to promote the personal attributes which are most relevant.  So, showing you juggled nine jobs as well as managing to write a thesis may be an advantage or a disadvantage. Equally, indicating such dedication that the entire focus was on the doctorate may be vital....... in which case you may wish to include the fact that you had to live on the streets to achieve it. :mrgreen:

Last CV tuition Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

The German terms contain the word "work": Doktorarbeit, Diplomarbeit. Also the whole "becoming a doctor" stuff is officially called the Promotion. My official job description during the first half was scientific coworker (during that time I was paid).

Last Post
http://www.davidrietveld.nl/images/duckomenta.jpg

Griffin NoName

You could just say something like Research leading to Doctorate. And include the paid work.

Last We don't have cow orkers here but it sounds interesting. Post

Psychic Hotline Host

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Last jumping in the middle of a discussion and too lazy to read what's it all about Post

I'm back..