News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 11, 2008, 03:26:41 PM
DMT = Dimethyltryptamine

Being a chemistry-trained Hunter S. Thompson fan does lead to some rather interesting areas of (purely theoretical) knowledge.  Used to be able to sketch the structure of many substances from memory. ;)

Last I wish we had Hunter here for this election - for the politics, not the party Post
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Okay.  So, no DMT for me.

Last I don't even like to use legal drugs, and consider Rolaids antacid to be a bit excessive Post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Last parents against aspirin Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

It's the paracetamol / acetaminophen that scares me.  More or less a banned substance in our house - we use ibuprofen when necessary (infrequent).   

Last save the liver for better substances like EtOH and to hell with the stomach Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I don't like the drugs.

Last but the drugs like me. Post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

Best you stick exclusively to the caffeine for another half-decade or so, Q.

Last manageable addiction Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

quite managable.

Last heaaaaches Post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Agujjim on September 11, 2008, 09:38:53 PM
manageable addiction
Says the addict! All caffeine addicts I know claim they're not addicted but take away one cup of the stuff and they get all antsy.

Last me OTOH... ;) Post

Aggie

Naaaaah...  I can go cold turkey anytime (sometimes completely forget to have coffee or tea on the weekend), and withdrawal symptoms only last 3 days max.  I don't get the headaches or the insomnia - just lower energy and occasional sleepiness.  These days I'm drinking less than a cup of coffee per diem - I found out that 1/4 cup of coffee 2-3 times a day takes care of the desire to taste it.  The caffeine consumption is rounded out fairly well with green tea, to the tune of 2 - 8 cups per day, but that's as much for the habit of drinking warm beverages at work.  My tolerance has been pretty high lately, so I don't get the subjective "buzz" unless I line up 2-3 cups in a row, therefore there's no point in consuming even a full cup of coffee at once.  I probably should take a month off to drop the tolerance at some point. 

The key is to avoid the first burst of caffeine for a few hours on waking, so that you're not dependent to function in the morning.

My father gets CRANKY without his cuppa joe, so I know that caffeine dependence is no myth.

Last full of beans Post

WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Last it's getting on towards bedtime, but I'm wide awake again, drat Post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

The return of Qwerty to the Last Post thread threatens my first poster status longterm :aargh!:

Last  Q :whip: Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Hate to say it, but my age threatens your first poster status longterm.

Last But I'm not posting *that* much, am I? Post

Swatopluk

Hm, with a prospective POTUS in waiting that considers going to war with Russia over e.g. Georgia, my chances of a rip age might actually be higher than yours

Last provided the toadfish server is not too near an impact site, otherwise what difference would it make postwise? Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And you think Germany would remain neutral?

Last roll the tanks Post

Swatopluk

I just spoke of comparative life expectancies :mrgreen: I live within range of a fortified fall-out shelter*.
If the US unilaterally provokes a nuclear war, Germany may stay out and we will have to deal with just the radioactive dust coming in from Poland**.

Last macabre Post

*actually not anymore. After the (prematurely declared) end of the cold war, the parts that turned the subway station into a shelter were removed (to my knowledge).
**and the neutral Scandinavians with that from the UK