News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

Last   do you know where your towel is?   Post
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Last deposit a penny in the name of the restaurant at the end of the Universe Post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Will be substracted as fees, so you still won't be able to pay the bill

Last the food is not that good anyway Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

Last Isn't this Hotblack's ship? Post
This sig area under construction.

Aphos

Last any time can be tea time Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

Last global ban on use of fuel fantasy Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Totally off topic:
Is one of our siblings here good at drawing?
I would like to have a drawing (b/w) of a squid/calmar/cephalopod in tartan (=Scottish garb with kilt etc.) and playing the bagpipe.
The Choral Squids are now so into Scottish songs that I think about an extra songbook "Best of the Highland Squids" or "Swato's Tartan Squids" and need a cover illustration for that.
---
For those from the Southern US: is bayou correctly pronounced BA-you or ba-YOU or are both versions common? (dictionaries differ here). Can bayou be used as a synonym (pars pro toto) for the swampy area around the actual waterway? In other words: Can "in the bayou" be used as shorthand for "in bayou country"?

Last tartan swamp Post

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I've never heard "in the bayou country" but I've often heard "in the bayou", so I suppose with "bayou", "country" is assumed.

All I've ever heard with respect to bayou is in relation to New Orleans and vicinity-- swampy, wet, deeply wooded areas inland from the coast somewhat.   Water brackish or fresh, not salty. 

But, my experiences are limited to literature, so... they may be limited. :)

Last musings Post
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

I know only of muskeg, which is quite a different matter (still inland and swampy, though)

Last Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Vexingly all dictionaries I consulted define "bayou" as just the waterway itself while cultural references seem to take "bayou" for the typical swampy area connected with it. That difference would be purely academical to me, if the word would not be inevitable when dealing with Lovecraftian filking (especially because it can be used as an (imperfect) rhyme for Cthulhu).

Last I left the ship at Caillou Bay Post

pieces o nine

Quote from: Swatopluk
Totally off topic:
I would like to have a drawing (b/w) of a squid/calmar/cephalopod in tartan (=Scottish garb with kilt etc.) and playing the bagpipe.
The Choral Squids are now so into Scottish songs that I think about an extra songbook "Best of the Highland Squids" or "Swato's Tartan Squids" and need a cover illustration for that.
If you can wait a couple weeks and no other artistes step swim forward, I'm willing to take a stab at it. Do you want a shaded, pencilly look or inked line drawing with stipply bits like the WSJ illustrations?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk
Totally off topic:

The association of "cephalopod", "kilt" and "drawing" suggests Jennie Breeden....  hmm...  you'd have to talk her into it or get it done on commission.

Last beware the leafblower/bellows of DOOM Post
WWDDD?

Aphos

Last abandon all hope ye who enter here Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--