News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Wonder where 911 actually goes in the UK. Probably John Major's old traffic cone hotline.  It's 999 here (apparently chosen because it was the easiest number to find on an old dial phone in the dark, smoke or when being beseiged by killer zombies).

Last Post

The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

110 for the police, 112 for the fire brigade traditionally over here.
The latter was good for a joke in some churches because their hymnal had the song "Oh daß doch bald ein Feuer brennte!" (Oh that there'd be a fire soon!) as #112

Last pyromaniac Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Where 911 actually goes is a hot topic here at the moment, especially if you are with a VoIP service provider. :P

Last Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Slight correction to post above (slightly detrimental to the joke too): It's "dein" not "ein" Feuer

Last revised pyromaniac Post

beagle

Will Boris beat Ken? How will Barbie react?

Last nail-biting Post

Swatopluk

Well, of course will beat

Last and mary Whitehouse will take Umbridge, no surprise there Post

PS: no idea how will react to that

Griffin NoName

Unfortunately there is now no doubt as to whether Boris beat Ken.

Last this spells doom for the Conservatives Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Last On the other side of the Big Water, we have a couple of lunatics wanting to temporarily cut a tax that will save a household about $30, but by doing so, it'll pull MILLIONS from highway, bridge and transportation infrastructure repair. Senators McCain and Clinton DO NOT GET IT that it's NOT the taxes, it's the $10 BILLION a quarter PROFITS that the oil barons are getting that cause the problems. Post
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Lastwhat was the cone hotline for anyway? Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 03, 2008, 11:17:27 PMSenators McCain and Clinton DO NOT GET IT that it's NOT the taxes, it's the $10 BILLION a quarter PROFITS that the oil barons are getting that cause the problems.[/sub] Post

Ayuh, and do you think the voters will get it?

Last on a near-daily basis, my opinion of America is going downhill, and my opinion of Americans is improving Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Under the assumption that it is true that Obama dropped in the polls after declaring that Son of Cain/Hillbillary idea to be not helpful (and implying that it was an attempt to pander to knownothings), "the voters" will indeed not get it.

Last btw, Boris Karloff would not be the worst choice for mayor Post

beagle

I lost track of the U.S. elections in all the excitement of the Boris and Ken show. Has Obama put those difficulties with a turbulent priest and "guns and religion" quotes behind him now?

Last out of touch Post

Swatopluk

That's not up to Obama but to the "liberal media" and the GOPsters and if those topicss would not exist, they would be invented soon (same as the claims that Obama is a Jew/Muslim/Hindu/atheist/anti-semite/child molester/slave of special interests/enemy of business(i.e. special interests)/rude/too polite/elitist/not grown up*.....

*because he asked for orange juice instead of coffee:
Quote"A few weeks ago, Obama was doing some handshake campaigning in a diner in Indiana when the establishment's proprietor offered him a cup of coffee. When word got out that Obama declined and asked for some orange juice, the media took this as another sign of the candidate's elitism or lack of common touch.

But that read doesn't sit quite right. After all, Hillary looked preposterous when she tried to prove her working class credentials through choice of beverage. Yet there was something off about Obama's response. Watching him sulk around this week, slightly traumatized by the betrayal of a father figure, I realized what the diner incident was: it was childish. The switch from juice to coffee is a rite of adulthood. It's not that Obama seemed to hold himself above the coffee drinkers. It's that he seemed to lag behind them. He's still on fruit juice while the adults are sipping bitter and bracing coffee."

Last Oh No! This thread is turning political Post

pieces o nine

Quote...
He's still on fruit juice while the adults are sipping bitter and bracing coffee."

Oh noes! I *loathe* coffee and take juice over it every time if tea is not available.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[edit] fixed quote brackets [/edit]
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

As long as it is rum juice, you should not have trouble with yer fellow pirates. In case of doubt claim that the parrot ordered it.
Last I drink tea and orange juice. the first makes me an elitist, the second a child. Better a child elitist than a child molester Post