News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Hmm... Cranberries are an Irish fruit, less literally speaking.  While juniper has berries, it's more useful for gin than anything else.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Bluenose

More clues.

No 3) Four syllables in the name of this group of animals

No 4) The biggest member of the biggest group is red, but this is the smallest group.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Vita Curator

Hmm? Group of animals?  I thought we wuz talkin' bout Irish fruit?

Last (I am really cornfused, must be all of the Irish Whiskey) Post.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Griffin NoName

Potato Heads
NO?

Sad.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

If someone says whiskey one more time, I'll be having some drinking problems again... :D

Anyway, as I'm clueless, I'll just snatch the Last Post and leave...

L:Ast P:Ost

I'm back..

Warlord of Elephants

Hmmm An Irish animal that used to be a fruit (possibly a berry)And now we can't use the "W" word.... I have no idea I guess I'll take the Last Post and go to work. Sin.WoE.

Black Bart

Is a Banshee a type of fruit?

No, no hang, on that's a Lychee!

Last Post
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

The Meromorph

*strikes Helpful Admin pose*

It might have been a slight tactical error to use that first clue (funny as it is) as the first clue...
Perhaps if you consider Clues 3 and 4 first and then add in clues 1 and 2...

* abandons Helpful Admin pose, and runs for his binkie *
Dances with Motorcycles.

Swatopluk

If I just remember how the clues were numbered or wouldn't be too lazy to look it up.
You mother was a ham(p)ster and you father smelled like elderberries!
Last Post

What about Huckleberry Finn ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bluenose

Quote from: Quasimodo (The Meromorph) on November 06, 2006, 03:58:36 PM
*strikes Helpful Admin pose*

It might have been a slight tactical error to use that first clue (funny as it is) as the first clue...
Perhaps if you consider Clues 3 and 4 first and then add in clues 1 and 2...

* abandons Helpful Admin pose, and runs for his binkie *

Thank you Quasi, I was beginning to realise I may have lead peole astray by being a bit too cryptic.  I hope everyone gets a laugh when we finally get there.  To summarise the clues:

Clue 1) Irish fruit This is a clue about the word itself, not about the thing that the word names

Clue 2) Small jumper This says something about the thing named by the word

Clue 3) Four syllables in the name of this group of animals The word is not a collective noun

Clue 4) The biggest member of the biggest group is red, but this is the smallest group. This group is part of a more widely recognised group that has more or less three sub-groups, this is the smallest of the three sub groups in terms of the animal size.  Generally people do not distinguish between the members of the target group and simply call them all by the group name that we are trying to find.

Clue 5) These animals are found in Australia

Last hopefully helpful Post
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Warlord of Elephants

Wallaby or wombat..... Still not sure about the fruit thing though Last Post Sin. WoE

Sibling Chatty

Are there any marsupials smaller that bandicoots?

Last (Not in THIS pocket) Post
This sig area under construction.

The Meromorph

Bonus clue:  Some of these are definitely red-necks...  ;)
Dances with Motorcycles.

Warlord of Elephants

The lesser rednecked Wallaroo? Aghhhh!!!! I don't know kangaroos!!!! Poot.... Last Post Anyway Sin. WoE.

Griffin NoName

I guess it must be a !!! LAST POST WORD BINGO WINNER !! then. Whyever didn't we think of that?

If I'm right, I'll PM myself a new word  ;D

Last Post

EDIT  LOL Nice clues. p a d e m e l o n
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand