News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Agujjim on October 26, 2006, 04:36:20 PM
anon1mat0 might think the LPW is close to water, and E.Raser might think that it's more to do with poor air quality.

American beer?

Making love in a canoe?

;D

Wait... close to water for a Columbian and bad air quality for an Italian... I've got it!

American chili!

QuoteFans of classic American children's literature might do well to recall the song "Down by the Bay", though in context a smaller body of water was involved.

A whale with a polka-dot tail in a smaller context could be a dolphin or a porpoise, I guess.

Last Corn-fused Post

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 26, 2006, 04:46:56 PM
Quote from: Agujjim on October 26, 2006, 04:36:20 PM
anon1mat0 might think the LPW is close to water, and E.Raser might think that it's more to do with poor air quality.

American beer?

Watch your language! Erm, or is that languages?  The LPW is in English, though the clues may not be.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

ROOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!

this is like, the second time (ever) I've done this....

:D

last post.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

w00t!  Q's here!!!!

Last  :toadfish:  Post
WWDDD?

Vita Curator

OOh, Hard clues.

Ocean? Ozone?

And I love "Down By the Bay", my favorite line is "Have you ever seen a llama eating his pajamas?"

Last (I love Raffi) Post
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

RINGRINGRINGRINGBANANAPHONE!!!!!!!

errr....

Raffi... had an influence on me....

and yes, Q's here.

Last Post!
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

Aggie

I just found out today that's a Raffi song.  Used to sing it as a kid, but never listened to Raffi.

RING. RING. RING.     
BANANARCHY!!!!

Clues:  I pre-planted a huge one during a March, months ago.  Contains 6/8ths of the letters of the LPW, in the correct order, and nearly the same pronounciation.

Last Fractional Equivalency Post
WWDDD?

Vita Curator

Great, now I am going to have "Down By the Bay" going through my head for the rest of the evening!

Last "Where the Watermelons Grow" Post
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Quote from: Agujjim on October 26, 2006, 10:10:42 PM
Clues:  I pre-planted a huge one during a March, months ago.
Seeds of revolution against the bourgeoisie amongst the working classes?

Hmm... guess that wasn't it.

Last there you go, bringing class into it again Post

Aggie

Classwar time?  YAYAY!!   ;D  I was sure Sib Toluous would get mislead in an entirely different direction.  You're not on the right one, and not even on the wrong one!  ;D

Vita Curator's on the right track.  As usual, there's at least 3 or 4 different paths to follow (i.e. all the clues converge together, but may not help each other).  The rest of that clue  could be useful if your thought process is a little wilder than usual.

The clue in this post will help the clue referenced in this post.  4th Google result, actually.

Last Post

BTW... 2 syllables, noun, and no longer in common use.

WWDDD?

Hmm...

"hops" is one syllable, so that's not it (and probably what you expected me to guess).

How many syllables are there in "durian"?  (though it doesn't quite fit the other clues).

Last I'm pretty sure it's some sort of plant Post

Aggie

Not a plant, and du ri an is 3 syllables.

Hehe... I'm glad y'all aren't fluent in Spanish and Italian.  Those were giveaways, almost.

Last Clueless (?) Post
WWDDD?

Quote from: Agujjim on October 26, 2006, 10:37:05 PM
Not a plant, and du ri an is 3 syllables.
Never heard the word spoken, so I thought it might be dur-yan.

QuoteHehe... I'm glad y'all aren't fluent in Spanish and Italian.  Those were giveaways, almost.

The only Italian word I know is "scuderia", and my Spanish pretty much ends at "una cerveza, por favor" and "¿dónde está la biblioteca?"

Last I can handle French, kinda Post

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 26, 2006, 10:49:08 PMNever heard the word spoken, so I thought it might be dur-yan.

Actually... you've got a point.  I don't think they're audibly distinguishable.

Last Confuzzled Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I have no idea for the LPWB, and I still think it ruins the game, but whatever... maybe I'll try next round.

~Qwerty