News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Not serious at all...

Last just cruising Post

I'm back..

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Kanaloa the Squidly on September 23, 2007, 06:00:41 PM
I wouldn't kill off the poor. I'm a libertarian, not heartless (there is a difference, I promise). I simply don't think that the current system is working. I will readily admit I haven't got the answer.
And that the $50 for car tags we have to pay is mostly unnecessary.

Last "she's a libertarian, she can't help it"--Mama Squidly Post

There's the rub. When you've GOT a better answer, act to implement it...until then, you merely play into the hands of the lovely folks that are sworn, bound and determined to kill the current one. (Like GWB, bragging in his MBA classes that 'We're gonna end Social Security in the next generation.' IOW, don't kill what's SORTA working without coming up with a better idea, because you DON'T want the blood on your hands. Ask the folks that listened to that moron about what to do during Katrina.)

AS to the car tags, what do the funds go for? Roads, generally. Wanna build your own? It'll cost ya more than $50 per car per year. [IF they decide to pave the street in front of our house (IF they actually replace the sewer system and have to tear it up), it'll cost us $7,000. That's for our HALF of the street...]

Once again, when you have something to FIX the problems you already KNOW a change will cause, then we'll talk.

Last Better Ron Paul than any other Republican, though Post
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Kanaloa the Squidly on September 23, 2007, 11:20:31 PM
The Parkinson effect? Not sure what that is, and a Google search reveals nothing.

Ok, after this gets solved, I promise I will not be so serious!

aka Parkinson's laws

The most common form:
Any bureaucratic entity has a natural tendency to
a) expand
b) increase the fraction of itself dealing solely with the inner working (administration) but not producing anything.
Conclusion: Any bureaucratic entity will increase until all its efforts are expended on inner working with an outer productivity of zero.

Last then it is called pragmatism in Austria Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Lalalalalalalaaaaaa...

Last just trying not to be serious with all the seriousness around here Post

I'm back..

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But being serious is not a sin (or is it here? ;) ).
--
Kana 

Let me put a hypothetical situation and you tell me what do you thing about it: Let's say that we pay more or less the same amount of taxes we do now (for the sake of the argument) but we get to choose how are spent, first by categories and if you really are interested subcategories, for instance, I may want 30% go to healthcare, 10% to environment regulation, 20% to social security, 20% roads/infrastructure, 10% for science and 10% for defense, but if I could that 10% for defense would go 8% to pay soldiers/police better and no more than 2% weapons R&D.

Imagine the beauty of all government agencies begging for your money on tax season!  :mrgreen: :devil2:

Last serious, sorry Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

goat starer

It is always the same people who say they dont want to pay more taxes who also want:

• more police
    no hopital waiting times
    better architecture on public buildings
    fewer potholes in the roads
    an independant nuclear deterant
    the litter clearing off their streets
    etc
    etc

the only way to deal with this is to tax everyone 100% and then have a means tested benefit system to give them money back. Beagle will no doubt pop on in a mo and tell me that nobody would work if we did but a) I rather doubt it and b) there are plenty of people who will not work even if it means they make more money. I have put this into a nice phrase "to each according to his needs. From each according to his ability". catchy eh!

with regard to Parkinson's law the man is a moron. bureaucracies expand because there is an infinite amount of work. There is always another NIMBY firing letters at the council about the dog turds, there is always a way things can be done better. His implication is that it is fear of competition and status that drives this wheras for the most part it is a sincerely held belief that things can and should be improved.

so anyone know any good jokes?

Last stop it with this serious chat business this instant and lets all go for a drink Post
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: goat starer on September 24, 2007, 04:08:53 PM
the only way to deal with this is to tax everyone 100% and then have a means tested benefit system to give them money back. Beagle will no doubt pop on in a mo and tell me that nobody would work if we did but a) I rather doubt it and b) there are plenty of people who will not work even if it means they make more money. I have put this into a nice phrase "to each according to his needs. From each according to his ability". catchy eh!
Personally, I'd work for free.  I'd do different work, but as long as my needs were being met, I'd happily fill my days with things that I thought were productive, expecting no extra compensation for doing so.

On the other hand, though, I don't trust the government to do the decision-making that would be required for a system like this.

Last I come up as a Communist Anarchist on the Political Compass survey Post

Swatopluk

Q: Three in an office, one working. What is that?
A: two civil servants, one ventilator/fan

Q: what's cicil servant mikado (pick up sticks/spillikins/jackstraws/the game)
A : first to move loses

Last my dream career ;) Post

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Goatstop it with this serious chat business this instant and lets all go for a drink

I agree... I have a nice bottle of chardonnay here, anyone cares to join me (there's also a bottle of a good merlot lying here)...

Last my father was surprisingly generous and brought me two bottles of Serbian wines that I've asked for Post

I'm back..

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'll have the merlot

Last thanks Post
:mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

You can have my ration. Good wine would be wasted on me.

Last Post

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Well, Zono, all you have to do is come by my place...

Last you better hurry, friends probably coming over tomorrow, might not be any wine left Post

I'm back..

goat starer

i have laphroaig if anyone wnts some

Last pissed and miserable Post
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'll have a glass, thank you...

And don't be miserable, people around here love you...

Last :hug: Post

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

mmmm I wonder if some Glenfiddich will cure my migraine?

Last try everything once Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand