News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

dude, that's Tea.

sheesh.

or wait, that might be the Bride of Yami.

see, I've never seen an episode of actual Yu-Gi-Oh and I know too much.

last curse you, internets post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It's the most successful marketing enterprise ever: a show about a game of cards that you can get for a price $$$... ::)

Last smart and greedy Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I've watched a few episodes of Yugi back in Germany...

Hey, don't judge me. I was high and there was nothing else to do (and nothing else on TV, as to be more precise)...

Last it sure was interesting though Post

I'm back..

Swatopluk

Great not to have TV
Last radio is bad enough these days Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I have a TV now (got rid of it in Germany after a short time, but got one here from my parents - they got it for free on some occasion).

But I rarely watch it, just the news and football (and occasionally a good TV show, like House MD...)

Last I hate synchronised movies that they play here, get the subtitles back into movies on TV Post

I'm back..

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on September 03, 2007, 08:45:16 PM
It's the most successful marketing enterprise ever: a show about a game of cards that you can get for a price $$$... ::)

You may have missed out on American cartoons of the 1980's, Zono...  almost ALL the cartoons I watched, except the reruns, were straight toy-promotions vehicles.  And some of those vehicles turned into robots. ;)

But I'll concede that the current Japanese wave is even more blatantly merchandising.

Last gotta catch 'em all! Post
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

And the same cartoons run in (Eastern-)Europe in the 90s for me to catch them...

I still remember the Transformers/Ninja Turtles/He-Man toys I had...

Last nostalgic Post

I'm back..

Aggie

And worse yet, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Kids, Mask, Pound Puppies, My Pet Monster, Super Mario Brothers (actually, there were at least 3 Nintendo Cartoons that I remember)..... 

Last Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But a transformer toy needs some thought, though. With the cards you only need a good drawing artist and a press.

Last I watched all the shows but the toys were too expensive back home in those days Post

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

what are you talkin' about. Transformers was ART.

The thing is, Yu-Gi-Oh is based on manga, so it's trouble was being translated into a television show, and then into english,or rather, the 4kids version of english.

CENSORSHIP IS FUN!

Pokemon did get into one big selling train later, and really ni the beginning, but the original Pokemon video game was an excellent game engine, and a pretty good game/idea.

the first season was pretty good, as far as childrens television goes. as was the first movie. after gold and silver came out, things started going downhill... but it was better than yu-gi-oh, which made just no F*cking sense.

and last but not least, both card games are decent games, although Yu-Gi-Oh simply made cards that ultimately destroyed the old cards when new expansions came out. Pokemon steered clear of that in the beginning, making sure no cards had HP over 120, except for Snorlax, which had 180, but a costly attack, and it fit the pokemon. recently though they've upped some of the HPs in the new cards, so as far as anyone who wants to play the more original card game, the old cards are more important/valuable.

If you ignore the fact that "LOL POKEMON SUX" then the card game is quite enjoyable.

also, Mewtwo Mulligan decks are hella fun.

last I should write a thesis post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on September 04, 2007, 02:48:06 AM
CENSORSHIP IS FUN!
I've been reading Naruto's manga and there is (subtle at times not so subtle at others) some censorship going on.

Last the manga is better than the anime if not for the movement of the fights Post

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I can't really follow up my own post, so I'll just take the last one.

last post

Aggie

I'll take it back if you like, then you can take it once again.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

um ok, then I suppose you can take it back, for having been so nice about it.

but then I'll probably take it back because i'm selfish.

last post

Aggie

Ok, you can have it next.

Last I'm going for sushi Post
WWDDD?