News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

You think they'll at least give me some good drugs?

Last or do I have to get high before and after the procedure? Post

I'm back..

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I got Tylenol III after getting my wisdom teeth out.  I spent most of the next few days asleep.

I also fell asleep during the procedure under local anesthetic and the silly gas.

Last can you wake up and open your mouth, please? Post

Aggie

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on July 30, 2007, 08:36:32 PM
You think they'll at least give me some good drugs?

Last or do I have to get high before and after the procedure? Post

They should knock you out pretty good (I had an IV, not the happy gas); for pain afterwords they gave me ketorolac which was excellent for the pain (lasted almost exactly 6 hours... generally kicked out about 15 minutes before I had to take the next one) but without any um, 'undesireable' side effects.  ;) :mrgreen:

So I still had the pleasure of doing the 100 km daily drive to college.  I wish they had given me something discombobulating instead so I could sit at home (they were nicer for the appendix).

Last so don't get high before, and don't mix drugs & alcohol with anaesthetics for a while afterPost
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Yaaarrrrgh! Oi jest had the string tied to the doornob and all 4 owt at once.

Last we were tougher in those days Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Hah, I think doorknobs were tougher in those days. ;)

Last mine were mined, as they were hiding from the nasty doorknob Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Yarr, but that were after a fair bit o' "anasthetic", were it not?

... a few bottles of dark Jamaican anasthetic, if I recall... though I may be mistaken, since I was a bit anasthetized myself.  Arr.

Last rum rum rum rum Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Speaking of anesthetizing yourself, I just drank a full bottle of wine.

Last pity I can't do this more often  :D :D Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Could someone send a few Jamaican anasthetics over to me.

I can't fall asleep once again...

Last although not sure if rum would be the thing that would cure my insomnia, but why not have some fun while awake Post

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

No Jamaicans but how about this?

Last count-the-sheep Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

When a classmate got a wisom tooth pulled, I feared that I would have to suffer the same. When I some time later went to the dentist, he told me that 2 would have to be pulled (I even agreed seeing the x-rays). When I saw the dental surgeon about it he said: We will pull these 2 then and the other two 4 weeks later. A few years later I lost another 2 (the #7 on both sides).

Actually the extraction by dental surgeon itself was faster and less painful than normal dentistry. The nasty time came a few hours afterwards.

Last In old times visitors to the Galapagos Islands got all teeth pulled and replaced with stainless steel because the waiting period for the dentist was about a year Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

The "few hours afterwards" is the messy part...

Not looking forward to it anyway...

Last I hate dentists Post

I'm back..

Swatopluk

And no alcohol afterwards for a week!

Last that would be a reason, at least for you, wouldn't it? :-\ Post

Aggie

A WEEK?! 

Oh, Kiyo...  can you survive?

Last an extra 2C's and 4H's with my H2O Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Ethylene is not that water soluble  ;)
But it's a signal substance and/or pheromone for some species.

If you heat both together with the right catalyst, another eth- substance may be produced.

Last again deliberately misunderstanding Post

Aggie

Animal species?  Believe it or not, I've seen diagrams for how to arrange walk-in coolers to prevent unwanted effects from ethylene off-gassing. 

And I love empirical formulae; so many possibilities.... 

Just found this:
QuoteIn mild doses, ethylene produces states of euphoria, associated with stimulus to the pleasure centres of the human brain. It has been hypothesised that human liking for the odours of flowers is due in part to a mild action of ethylene associated with the plant. Many geologists and scholars believe that the famous Greek Oracle at Delphi (the Pythia) went into her trance-like state as an affect of ethylene rising from ground faults.

QuoteIt has been shown that ethylene is produced from essentially all parts of higher plants, including leaves, stems, roots, flowers, fruits, tubers, and seedlings.

Let's go get a big bag of apples and huff 'em! Also explains my love of houseplants, and the habit of leaving fruit out.

Better yet, while we're playing with plant hormones, I suspect there are some lovely recipes utilizing auxin (IAA) as a precursor. ;)

Last indolent Post

WWDDD?