News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Fictional!  Your not a disciple of that Drexlerian gobbledygook, are you? ;)

But a synthetic aldehyde dehydrogenase that isn't easily denatured by low pHs should be achievable. 

In the meantime, I'll stick with my Dawn 808...
Wha?   It's already available in the US!

http://www.glamiusa.com/about.html

Hmm... wonder if it's in Canada yet?  Might need to set up a street stall near the bar on the weekends....
Sort of - Canadian and German patents are in place.

Last entrepreneurial Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 02, 2007, 05:57:04 PM
Where are nanobots when one needs them? They should be perfect in sorting out the unwanted molecules.
Maxwell's demons are on strike, and the nanobots won't cross the picket line.

Last 1000th Post

Aggie

I think the wind turbines in Pincher Creek are actually Maxwell's Demon Machines - how else does one explain both chinooks and Alberta clippers?

Last warm air for us, cold air for the US Post
WWDDD?

Maybe they're the same temperature, but we think of them as "warm" and they think of them as "cold".  It could just be a matter of point of view.

Last like wandering around the Carolinas in a t-shirt in February getting odd looks from the locals Post

Aggie

Pincher Creek also holds the record for fastest rate of temperature change in Canada.... in the neighbourhood of -20oC to +20oC in one hour.  I've seen Calgary do that, but it took 12-15 hours.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Last (NON-ALCOHOLIC!) Post
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

question: would putting vodka on the rocks instead of water in a sauna make you drunk, dead, or the same?

last innocent question post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Swatopluk

Could yield an explosive mixture if overdone. The alcohol would evaporate faster and is highly flammable. In the right mixture with air it could go booooom!
On the other hand alcohol is an irritant. You'd probably run out of the room pretty fast to get the bite out of your eyes and mucous membranes (imagine pouring hot aftershave on your face after shaving vigorously).

Last etheric death by experimental use of half a gallon oil of peppermint in the sauna Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on April 02, 2007, 11:54:06 PM
question: would putting vodka on the rocks instead of water in a sauna make you drunk, dead, or the same?
You shouldn't really be drinking anything in a sauna, especially vodka, even if it's on the rocks.  It will dehydrate you even more.   ;D

Last and if we're having drinks on the rocks, I prefer scotch anyhow Post

Swatopluk

To precify my above poster ;): not drinking anything of course means nothing alcoholic or otherwise diuretic (about everything with caffeine falls into that category).

Last have an IV ready Post

You also should not drink juices or soft drinks in the sauna, because if you spill them, you can make things sticky.

Last if I get the IV, can I keep my coffee?  Post

Aggie

Vapourising alcohol will work in theory, but probably damage your lungs.  Ditto for caffeine.

Last You can keep your coffee, but it's going in via enema.  Beer goes in the catheter - it's American Post
WWDDD?

I guess American beer going in that way would be one of those "circle of life" things, eh?  Going back from whence it came and all that?

Last now we just need Elton John to do a song about it Post

Swatopluk

I never drink....horsepiss ;D
Last Bela Beer Post

Aggie

Oh, Swato... thanks for supplying a word I was looking for in reference to Everclear - fusel.

Not common in English that I've heard, but will charcoal take it out?

Last Post
WWDDD?