News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

Before time? Do we know anything about what came before time or when time began? (Before the Universe?).

I am still shielding. Case numbers ginormous in my stretch of the woods. I may never be able to go outside my flat ever again and have no one in. Our government have given up. They don't even mind having a criminal in charge.

Last highly disturbed Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Still nice to hear of you Griffin!   :beagle: :toast: :beagle:
It's too quiet here anyway but the longer we hear nothing of you in particular the more worried we get.

Last I think I can speak there for the whole community Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aphos

Last hand in there Griffin Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Hm, am I not up to date on idioms or was that supposed to be 'hang'?

Last on the other hand, Griffin is rather on the ropes, so 'hang' could be rather a faux pas Post

Griffin

Thanks for the concern Swato and Aphos. I am slightly worse for wear than I was but still functioning. But I am swamped by my To Do list. My diary is chock a block with zoom meetings and I now have five counselling clients, although spread out and most not weekly which relieves the pressure. I am afraid of catching Covid and getting Long Covid and losing all functionality. But I am taking care.

We now have an actual criminal in charge of our country who also does not care if we all die of Covid. This is not good.

Last hopefully he will get larger fines as time goes on and more parties are dealt with Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Extended zoom meetings (same for other video conference  systems of course) are extremly exhausting by themselves.

But it's worse at the school where absent kids (usually due to Covid in the family) are expected to join in via a zoom equivalent.
Can be made to work more or less in Latin but in chemistry it's not really practical.

Last but current financial shortage has put an end to experiments* more or less anyway since chemicals cost money Post

*by the kids in particular but even teachers are supposed to be stingy, so the supplies last a wee bit longer

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin on April 18, 2022, 09:48:28 PM
We now have an actual criminal in charge of our country
The more I know the more I'm convinced that being a criminal is a requirement to hold office.

Last even those who weren't end up doing outright criminal stuff Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Easy when* able to write laws that define what is criminal.

Last or even better have others doing it for you in advance Post

*'When' seems to be more appropriate than 'if' here, at least to me. But feel free to correct me, if this is a grammatical violation.

Griffin

"with ability to" would be better English than "when able" but not by much. Possibly one must be a pedant to require this version.

I agree with Zono. But is power crazed synonymous with criminal? Thesaurus needs rewriting.

Yes, Zoom is tiring. Although it is brilliant for people locked inside, possibly for ever, like me. Life took a turn for the better when everyone else was locked in too. Now it's gone back to so called normal, there is some loss, although some things stay on zoom now. The only chemistry I do is pouring water on the extracted contents of capaccino coffee sachets. So far, this seems safe.

Last waiting to see if Bojo will be subject to an enquiry Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin on April 19, 2022, 08:06:21 PM
The only chemistry I do is pouring water on the extracted contents of capaccino coffee sachets. So far, this seems safe.

Which is mainly physics with no or very little chemistry involved  ;)

Last now it's me getting pedantic Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 19, 2022, 10:39:05 AM
Easy when* able to write laws that define what is criminal.
Partly, but not only is making themselves immune to laws, it's also violating human rights in foreign lands so the laws they have where they are don't apply to them where they are committing the crimes.

Last but in some cases they do violate existing local laws and they don't care because no one will successfully prosecute them Post

Swatopluk

It's of course advantageous, if one can 'persuade' the natives locals to sign waivers for the violations.

Last also making use of the double meaning of collateral Post

Griffin

How do I download some music which seems only to be on YouTube and soundcloud? Theme tune for a BBC program. I want to import it to my Amazon Music app as well and can't work out how to do that either. The songs from the program are on Amazon but not the title music. I am not usually defeated by this kind of thing so this is making me irritable.

Last here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9RKhond2s and here https://soundcloud.com/user-431626459/the-split-main-titles Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

You can use a youtube to mp3 converter, doing a search I got this one:

https://mp3-convert.org/

Last But there are a bunch Post

Swatopluk

I use downloadhelper first and then a freeware video to mp3 converter.

Last Post