News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'll just stick to my vitamin B...

Last I don't drink coffee, but I love vitamin B Post

I'm back..

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Agujjim on March 27, 2007, 02:27:30 PM
Lambi, you pay for 5 mugs a day?   Heh, I've only had multi-cup coffee habits (at work) when it's free. The nasty coffee at work is free (one boss prefers weak, poor-quality stuff - if I make a pot they call it rocket fuel). But I'm cheap like that.....  :mrgreen:
I make it by the pot and cart it around in a thermos, but yes, I do pay for it.

I get the cheap stuff at Costco (which is Fair Trade Certified, amazingly) and grind it myself.

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on March 27, 2007, 02:28:47 PM
I'll just stick to my vitamin B...

Last I don't drink coffee, but I love vitamin B Post
FYI - homebrew, or any other unfiltered beer (i.e. one with sediment in the bottle), is very high in vitamin B.
:beer:

Last about two months until my "Toadfish Ale" is ready Post

Swatopluk

Where's the multi-vitamin rum?

Last rum tropicana Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on March 27, 2007, 02:47:41 PMI make it by the pot and cart it around in a thermos, but yes, I do pay for it.

I get the cheap stuff at Costco (which is Fair Trade Certified, amazingly) and grind it myself.

Nah, that doesn't count as buying it (s'cheapish buying even relatively good coffee in bean form - I have a hard time justifying spending money on takeout coffee though).  That's making it. ;)

MY boss (we have 3 in the office, for 4 employees and one office manager) likes that same Costco stuff (the Kirkland Springs that is 'roasted by Starbucks', right?) - it's very good considering it's cheap.  There's a roaster in town that I like - not sure how much the prices are - probably a little more than the Costco stuff, but then I haven't even gone through a pound since Christmas and that was a gift.  Should remember to pick up a half pound or so when I'm out there for Easter.

Lastbugger, no good coffee left in the office and now I'm jonesingPost

Swato - Rum is about the best spirit for mixing in tropical fruit drinks - problem solved!  
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

But the gunpowder precipitates when the pH goes to low by mixing fruit juice in :(
Last rum?Ba! Post

You can get the gunpowder at least into suspension by mixing it with a bit of the cha-cha.

Last but I'd like my nitroglycerine martini neither shaken nor stirred, thank you Post

Swatopluk

Just a matter of the correct phlegmatizing (sp?)
Last wow-wow sauce Post

Aggie

Hmm...  doesn't wow-wow sauce also contain Discworld Durian (big wahoonie)?
I think I could get pretty close with a few minor tweaks of my Happy Hole sauce....

Last ironically misleading name Post
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Just had a friend over and had a few beers (6)...

Now I need more...

Last can't stop drinking Post

I'm back..

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

that was possibly the best Barq's i've had in a while.

dude, for some reason, I just remembered that I used to put one packet of salt into my Barq's, claiming this made it better...

I'll probably have 10 heart attacks in my lifetime....

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Hmm... I've seen people put salt in beer to get rid of the CO2 and make it less gassy.

Qwerty, have you tried just opening your pop an hour or two before you want to drink it?  That way, it'll still be flat, but you won't get the same heart trouble when you're older.   ;)

According to my doctor, my heart's A-OK.

Last he doesn't know about all the coffee, though Post

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

but then it'd be all cold. my soda isn't flat already...

Lambi, are you from Chicago?

I dont see how opening it sooner really helps, other than to make it colder and slightly flatter.

remember, it's like, freakin' 70 degrees outside, with not alot of AC on.

last *dies of heat* post
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

Chicago?  Canuckistan!

And it's freakin' snowing in West Canuckistan right now.

Last Post
WWDDD?

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on March 27, 2007, 08:11:54 PM
but then it'd be all cold. my soda isn't flat already...

Lambi, are you from Chicago?
No... as Aggie alluded to, I was born and bred in America's Hat.

It's because I called it "pop", right?

In case you're interested, here's some info of the geographic distribution where people call it "pop" and where they call it "soda"... including some fancy maps.

QuoteI dont see how opening it sooner really helps, other than to make it colder and slightly flatter.

What are you doing with the salt, then?  I figured you were putting it in to make the pop flat.

Aggie, East of the Centre of the Universe (a.k.a. Toronto) is now warm and sunny.   ;D

Last I believe most Canadians call it "pop"... but I don't know what the Quebeckers call it in French. Post

Aggie

Yah, it's "pop" here, though I say soda to keep it internationally understandable, I think ???
But check out some of the "other" options in Alberta: http://popvssoda.com:2998/stats/AB.html :mrgreen:

Oh, and look at Quebec - three of the "other" results are liquor/liquer/liqueur - they know what to drink.  UNIBROUEEE!!!!

Last gargleblastin' Post
WWDDD?