News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

Talking of angels, just finished watching TV series Good Omens. Brilliant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Omens_(TV_series). Worth watching if you can find it from wherever you are. It's on Amazon Prime.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERM-OjqVpv0

Tomorrow we shall probably move from "contain" to "delay" officially but we all know the plan is to kill off all the people who need the Welfare State (or what is left of it) so I don't anticipate much will change. I am isolated anyway, have years of practice, being mostly housebound, so I have an unfair advantage as I have the skills.

Last avoid cruises for now Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I hope the worst will be over in a month. I intended to go to Malta the weekend around May 1st and would be unhappy to have to skip that.

Germans seem to be thrifty panic buyers. Some products are completely sold out but only the cheap 'no-name' brands. A few cents extra for flour or canned tomatos* of the 'named' brands seem to much.

Last how stereotypically German indeed Post

*I have to assume people intend to eat mainly self-made pizza given the specific gaps on the supermarket shelves
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin on March 12, 2020, 06:37:23 AM
Tomorrow we shall probably move from "contain" to "delay" officially but we all know the plan is to kill off all the people who need the Welfare State (or what is left of it)
But the situation in Britain is (at least in numbers) much better than in continental Europe or here in the States.

Last not doubting that it crossed their minds though Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

There are province-wide toilet paper shortages in Canada at the moment. I'm not sure what the obsession is; it's probably due to the election year in the States. A lot of that shit makes its way up here.  ;)

Last I stocked up on beer today Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Rush Limbaugh, on his way to his grave due to lung cancer, seems to want to take as many of his followers with him as possible via Corona by spreading the 'it's a ll a liberal hoax' meme.

Will it cull the moron herd more or will it be protected by living in rural isolation while the majority of victims will be in the more liberal areas of high population density?

And some extreme rightwing offcials see opportunities and try to act on them like ordering posters about how to avoid infections taken down in refugee camps at the Southern border (a court had to step in to stop that and the official reaction was 'sorry, clerical error').

Last I begin to wish nasty and debilitating but non-lethal* diseases on certain people more frequently these days Post

*in some cases I'd skip even that

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Considering that the virus kills mostly older people and those eschew republican on this side of the pond, added to the fact that the level of testing here is beyond anemic, there is a fair chance of boomers falling to it.

Last forgive my cynicism but this may actually help with the elections Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Jabbabonk seems almost eager to get infected himself by meeting (and handschaking) people that have tested positive, avoiding all hygiene measures and not getting tested.

Last would Pence* be easier or more difficult to beat should Jabbabonk gets it? Post

*although, apart from avoiding any contact with females not his wife, he seems to be not very careful about infection himself

Aphos

Hi all.  Finally getting back to the Toadfish.  Lots of craziness about the virus.  As of a couple of days ago, Oklahoma is one of seven states which have had no action by the state government.  Well, of course.  After all the state is about as red as a state can be.  Fortunately Tulsa has taken some action, though likely not enough.  Sigh.

And of course I am over 60, have high blood pressure, and have diabetes, so I count as being in the at risk group.  Double sigh.

Last vote the bastards out Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Accoding to polls Republican belief in the seriousness of the corona crisis is sinking (from 72% a month ago to 40% recently).
And Jabbabonk's approval rating is not.

Last if the crisis is over before November he will get reelected as the saviour Post

in related news: the Justice department is working on the equivalent of the 1933 Ermächtigungsgesetz and State beats the drum for war with Iran (hit your enemy when he is weakened!). The Pentagon is strictly against it btw.

Aphos

Last pulls blanket over head in fear Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Are you sure it's not a smallpox blanket?

Last and the one under the blanket is the one supposed to spread fear ('Aaargh! A ghost!') Post

Griffin

Relying on 24 hours paper/cardboard die off and three days plastic and stainless steel, with copper somewhere in between, but I don't get much copper coming my way. Disinfecting fridge stuff. Aphos, me too - risk factor raised. Having cancelled cleaner and carer (nothing will be clean including me) and supermarket being a nightmare, life is difficult, but the isolation practice of the last few years comes in handy.

Last Finally I have a super-skill. Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Good to hear from you. How are your (now ) Aussie relatives doing?

After several days of completely sunny weather and a sunny morning it is snowing for the very first time this winter (and quite heavily).
But it's several degrees (centigrade) plus, so nothing of that will last.

And likely not even this
Last Post

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin on March 30, 2020, 06:22:08 AM
Relying on 24 hours paper/cardboard die off and three days plastic and stainless steel, with copper somewhere in between, but I don't get much copper coming my way. Disinfecting fridge stuff. Aphos, me too - risk factor raised. Having cancelled cleaner and carer (nothing will be clean including me) and supermarket being a nightmare, life is difficult, but the isolation practice of the last few years comes in handy.

Copper's supposedly 4 hours, and I'm a sparky...  so, should I wash my hands after messing with wire all day, or just leave the copper?

Last my guitar slide for playing the blues is also copper Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Using my free time to do some serious (fake) mosaic-ing.
Graphics file too large (originally 5k x 5k pixels), so I attached it as pdf.

Last Post