News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

About the only place where forest fires haven't occurred within human memory is Antarctica.

Last high vegetation in the modern great deserts disappeared only comparatively recently Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Give it some time.

Last may be less than 200 years Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin

Our rate of living longer extending has slowed down. (probably due to Austerity). Don't expect to be here in 200 years, but if I am I'll get back to you on that.

I am nearly at the point of exchanging on my sale and purchase (ie. the contracts are done, but not yet completed, you lose your deposit if you back out between exchange and completion). Still it could all go wrong right up to the moment of exchange. I've had a detour round a much better flat, ground floor with patio, but they took it off the market when I offered the asking price so that was disappointing. Back to 1st floor with lift and no outside. Compromise. I still have nowhere to live while renovating new flat (new to me that is).

We are suffering outright lies about Semitic stuff, especially since Israel now has Apartheid. The English do not understand you can hate the Israeli government without hating Jews. It's all getting rather shocking, a bookshop was wrecked by fascists, we desperately need the government to fall. They've now got a row re Boris and letter-boxes, hoping he gets dumped, he should be, but guessing he won't be.

Last politically unsound Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin on August 16, 2018, 08:39:57 PM
Our rate of living longer extending has slowed down. (probably due to Austerity).
So it's an anglosaxon thing or just a US/UK thing? Is it happening anywhere else in Europe?
Quote from: Griffin on August 16, 2018, 08:39:57 PM
We are suffering outright lies about Semitic stuff, especially since Israel now has Apartheid. The English do not understand you can hate the Israeli government without hating Jews.
The whole thing is difficult precisely because the official line from Israel itself is that if you criticize the policies of Israel you automatically are antisemitic. No surprise the fascists are taking advantage of that.

Last oblivious to irony Post

Swatopluk

Is there a term for hostile symbiosis?
Usually symbiosis is for mutual benefit, parasitism for one-sided benefits (to the detriment of the parasitised side).
This looks more like mutual parasitism.

Last to (almost) everyone's detriment Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Definitively a feedback loop.

Last but both  expressions should make it to the journals Post

Swatopluk

I think someone should post here at least once a month.

Working on an anthology book of my antiquity parodies.
Drafts for cover (front and back) just go finished (see attachments).

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Ideally more than once a month...

Last the attachments look nice Post

Swatopluk

Working on further illustrations.
Currrently "Phaeton falling from the sun chariot" also with some silly jokes included.
But it's a slow and tedious process given my lack of graphical talent and suitable software.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Have you tried the GIMP? It's free and it's quite powerful.

Last like PhotoShop it takes time to master, though Post

Griffin

The pics are great Swato.

I have GIMP but no idea how to use it. I use LibreDraw which is not very good and missing a lot of functionality. I used to use PhotoDraw part of MS Office but they never updated it since the '90's so haven't tried it with Windows 10. It was excellent and I could do everything in it.

I can't do restores - I mean I can do them, but they fail. (from created restore points). So I can't install it to see if it works. I hate Windows 10.

For anyone who doesn't know, I am nearly in my new flat. It has all been a mammoth undertaking. I have gone from half dead to three quarters dead. And still way to go.

The Israeli's and Palestinians are shooting each other again tonight. (following on the thread here).

The Mayboot is preparing her cabinet one by one to agree with her EU deal in emergency cabinet tomorrow. Perhaps she will keel over into a hundred years sleep. That might help. No one is allowed to know what the deal is. Of course, that could mean it's a no deal. After all we've had 95% of a no deal for a long while. Personally, I feel the world is going to end on 29th March. and we won't have to wait for climate change.

Last to sleep to be woken by a prince who would make me cocoa. Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Just came back from Malta this evening.
So much to see, so little time

Last and too much traffic* Post

*about 400K cars on an island that's 27 by 14 km and with extremely uneven landscape.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They don't use the cart ruts for mass transit?

Last ;-) :-P Post

Griffin

I'm recovering from my move. Very slowly.

I may be about to set that recovery back again by doing too much.

Last Perpetual temptation Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Temptation is definitively perpetual.

Last pace yourself Post