News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Not my cup of lymph, sorry.

Latin was the easiest for me (I had 9 years of it at school and a few refreshers since then).
My other potential choice, history, was explictly not in demand.
Of the most common to combine with chemistry,i.e. physics or math, I can grasp enough of to put to use but not enough to seriously teach them even to kids. I call that a purely functional approach.

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

My heart was with biology but my head was with chemistry, when I was a university student... The established wisdom was that there were too many biology grads, and employment was tough to find. My original plan was to finish a BSc and then go into teaching, but I dropped out to take Environmental Technology at a polytechnic. Now I'm an apprentice electrician.  Eh, I've been white collar, green collar, pink collar, blue collar.... not black collar yet but maybe one day, who knows? (hmm... there are a few definitions for black collar worker... I always thought it meant clergy - based on Catholic attire).

My general approach to education and employment is to keep dumbing down the school in favour of in-demand and reasonably well-paying employment. I'm no career man (completely allergic to management positions) and hate making too much money; there's a level of pay after which the company owns you and it's nearly impossible to take time for yourself, because you can't afford to take a day off.

The government pays me well to go to school this winter, but the days are short and I get Friday afternoons off to ski.  The studies are rudimentary for a science student (if you've done any physics whatsoever, and can handle simple algebra and trigonometry). I'm done all the course work that we're supposed to cover by Feb 1st already.

Last it's just go through the material, and stick it in your head. Rinse, repeat. Post
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Just back from the cinema.
Cold Skin
One could say Lovecraft with partially reversed roles

Last some nitpicks but in total not disappointed Post

Edit: This was a rather fish(man)y weekend. I added "The Shape of Water" on Sunday to the above.

Aphos

Last hip hip hurray for the bizarre Post
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin

So things have moved on.

Sorry about the waiting list Swato. If you  came over here we could get you onto an NHS waiting list which would probably turn out to be permanent.

My life is plus ca change. Except. One son now MD (President in US speak) of a smallish self contained business which is part of a very large engineering company (you would all have heard of it, it is worldwide but English). The idea is he is new and supposed to make it grow, but if he can't then he has nothing much to lose as he is new. I don't follow the logic but he is more intelligent than me. His ambition in life was to be an MD so whatever happens he has reached his goal. I doubt he has yet investigated what happens when you have reached your goal. I don't even really have a clue why anyone would want to be an MD as a career choice; it's not like having a passion for hairdressing or something. Still I am proud and pleased for him and all my efforts paid off! The other son is getting divorced in Australia, I don't know how that works as he was married in England and Japan. Perhaps it involves Interpol. I am very sad about it as I am fond of my daughter-in-law and I thought they were a happy family. Easy to fake it on Skype I suppose. Anyway, turns out he has been very unhappy for years, since she came to England many years ago. What would I know, they seemed happy to me back then. So my other son thinks it is a good thing as he will be happy now. But I can't quite get there yet. And it's my grandchildren where it's only his niece and nephew. Grandmothers have a bigger investment. He should know that as an MD.

So, that's my family dump. I am iller than I was, but not in any interesting way, just the same, but worse same. But I don't regard that as newsworthy.

I now, belatedly, claim the Last impossible to be happy without it Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Family is weird by nature.

Last I loved the shape of water Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Seeing Sally Hawkins in that movie reminded me extremly of the late German actress Evelyn Hamann not just by looks but even more so by movement and mannerisms.

Last it helps that she ist best known for (mainly TV) roles in the actual era where TSoW is set Post

Griffin

I love Sally Hawkins. She was brilliant in Happy Go Lucky.

My list of films I have missed grows ever longer. Datewise I am still at the stage of Suffragettes which I think is about a year ago, maybe more. I am going to watch I, Daniel Blake soon though. Someone died yesterday who had been refused sickness/disability benefits on the grounds nothing wrong with him. There have been many suicides. There's awful stuff going on. On the topic of increasing number of food banks, Jacob Rees-Mogg (Tory MP) who is very wealthy, vast stately home, said it was "inspiring" - outrageous.

Last attempting to get Bluenose to cross the moat Post
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

The GOP House leader called cuts to the US health programme for the needy 'fulfillment'.

Last I guess he would call a hanging 'uplifting' too Post

But The Doctors have it not that easy either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C7Ys_hhHCA

Aphos

Last Republican Newspeak Post

Griffin

I have managed to watch Suffragettes, it was Inspiring. Makes me want to go out and fight for all the other rights we still don't have, like being paid the same as men for the same work which doesn't happen despite the 2010 equality act.

Last where can I buy some railings? Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Aphos

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Why did I read 'rantings'?

Last plenty to rant Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bluenose2

Need to keep the idjuts out.

Last fence Post

Swatopluk

Are fences or fencing more effective against  them?

Last do pikemen throw fishes? Post