News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Let's it doesn't get there.

Last if we reach that point I will probably would've left the country some time before we get there Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

There are indications that the border to Canada will receive more attention from the administration soon. Canadian officials are already preparing for a Berlin Wall scenario cooked up by the Trumpeteers.

Last the Bering Strait may be the last loophole, provided the Trump-Putin relationship is indeed souring Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I heard from a comment from one political analyst regarding Agent Orange (or AO for short) that the left took him literally but not seriously while the right took him seriously but not literally. In my opinion both are wrong he has to be taken both literally AND seriously.

Last and I'm literally and seriously worried Post

Griffin

There's a cartoon doing the rounds on FB,  picture of Trump, labelled "I'm orange", and below it another picture of him labelled "No, I'm peach".

Zono, I hadn't thought it through, it's at what point do you leave the country? A very hard judgement. Let's hope you never have to decide.

The Lords have just voted, by over 100 majority (about 800 of them altogether), to support the amendment to the latest nasty bill to allow EU persons to have the right to stay. It now goes back to the Commons, who will overturn that. Over the last year or so, the Lords have been a voice of reason and for the first time I think we need that second chamber and need some of the hereditaries etc. Neither Tories not Labour have a majority there.

If we don't allow people to stay, our society will break down, as no one will do the jobs they do. Brain drain also scary (but not life threatening I suppose).

More and more cuts to disabled and sick. Another massive one comes in next week.

I do seriously wonder if I should join my son in Sydney. (He would not be pleased!).

Last mean-minded or evil-minded? Post

Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Leaving is something that would happen if our personal security is at risk, which -fortunately- at the moment isn't the case. Nevertheless, considering all the initiatives from certain WH right hand that I will call now SauroMort, we never know what can happen next; case in point, the ban from the seven muslim countries included greencard holders. The order went down the drain but the intention was clear from the beginning and now with the new roundups of 'illegal aliens' the sentiment is to try to push out as many foreigners from the country as possible. It has been encouraging that the courts so far have been able to place a limit to the actions of the WH, but it is a matter of time for that to change if congress decides to play ball, and there is a non-trivial percentage there that is very willing to play ball.
My current state is one of monitoring, Agent Orange finally condemned the attacks on synagogues, cemeteries, and the murder of an Indian man, but it seemed really a reluctant effort. If attacks on minorities continue to rise and the administration decides that it isn't worth their effort to do something about it, there may be a point at which the security of any non-white minority would merit leaving the country.

Last or who knows, they may decide to void greencards and even citizenships of foreigners wholesale, you never know with this bunch Post

PS:
Quote from: Griffin on March 02, 2017, 09:46:39 PM
I do seriously wonder if I should join my son in Sydney.
I suggest you check on the Australian PM, not exactly a caring and loving guy...

Swatopluk

To lighten up a bit, an old pipedream comes true: bug defense by laser
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603721/insect-zapping-laser-fence-prepares-for-first-enemy-contact/

Last I'd like one of these in every room in the summer and autumn and one on the head for walks Post

Griffin

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on March 03, 2017, 07:46:01 PM

Quote from: Griffin on March 02, 2017, 09:46:39 PM
I do seriously wonder if I should join my son in Sydney.
I suggest you check on the Australian PM, not exactly a caring and loving guy...

Yes, that is a bit of a problem. But where in the world to go to avoid such? The most obvious place for me to go is Israel but I am hardly likely to do that unless they give back the settlement's land and have a drastic change in government. Otherwise, there's no place really to which I have any connection. I do have a friend living on a beach in India in an alcoholic trance. She seems happy.

Last "Where is love? Does it fall from skies above?
Is it underneath the willow tree that I've been dreaming of?" love that musical but on the whole prefer Dickens original
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Any relations in Canada? Even Harperized the country seems mostly benign. Hard winters could be a problem of course.

A propos of nothing:

What are these birds up to?
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/03/02/state-biologist-viral-turkey-video-both-creepy-and-rare/dWDRwACOybMJEx4oSebIaP/story.html

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 05, 2017, 07:59:58 AM
What are these birds up to?
"Sanguis, bebimus.."

;-)

Last I know the latin is wrong, but it sounds more ominous that way Post

Griffin

Have cousins in Toronto. My son spent 3 years in Montreal (yes entirely different I know) and didn't like it.

Those birds - it's obviously a ritual - they must belong to a religious sect of some sort.

Last I think I might have got somewhere with bad signups - no new members since yesterday Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Does he speak french?

Last ^__^ Post

Swatopluk

...or what passes as French in Canada.

Last in theory they speak German in Bavaria* Post

*in some parts it's the de facto first foreign language (and recognized as such)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Isn't German (like Arabic) a family of dialects with a canonical version everybody learns?

Last with Arabic I don't get why those are dialects instead of actual languages Post

Swatopluk

German dialects reach from mere differences in pronounciation to mutually incomprehensible gibberish that (probably) shares a major part of grammar but close to no meaningful words. And not everyone is able (or willing) to communicate in High German (which originally is not high as a quality marker but because it is from the South which is geographically elevated as opposed to the Northern lowlands where Low German was/is spoken. Modern standard German is actually Kursächsische Kanzleisprache (what bureaucrats spoke in the electoral princedom of Saxonia). Ironically these days the Saxonian dialect is the least liked in the whole country while Hannover claims to be closest to the foraml standard.

Last Dutch, offically not a German dialect, is more comprehensible to the average German than some 'German' dialects Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But isn't Dutch simpler (and closer to English)?

Last regardless how hard it sounds Post