News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Yep, now we are in with our pals and their aeroplanes. Apparently our bombs can distinguish if a person is Isil person so we will be extra useful in the arena.

Not suggesting leaving them alone. Just many things can be done without dropping bombs. Dropping bombs is pretty useless without troops on the ground and we defintely (hmmmmmmm mission creep) aren't doing that.

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on December 03, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
I do believe that they should be contained.............

Then they could all be gassed and cremated :irony: and reach paradise or wherever it is they are so keen on going.  :irony:

I've no idea, but then I am not the goverment, and I did not vote for them.

Last Corbyn's brother Piers says Climate Change is a conspiracy* (tonight) so maybe we can focus on that instead Post

*not a new idea, but he had a nice graph to prove it
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Bombardment is a tool that can be properly (or not) used, and I will grant you that it hasn't been exactly used in a rational manner (by no one), but then again the ones in charge have the pressure of doing something, and they do so, regardless if it really serves a purpose on the ground or not. They were easy to bomb when they took large convoys in their expansion, but once they're settled bombardment can only strategic (taking down artillery, SAMs, armories, etc) and assuming that the intel is correct. I also agree that there is no such thing as a clean bombing and that for every civilian that you kill that way, probably ten get radicalized.

Last if there are protests about bombing Syria can you imagine their size if it becomes boots on the ground? Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Yes, pretty big boots.

Last what if you were only allowed in the army if your feet measured more than size 10? Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Then foot binding would become fashionable again.

Last the lesser pain Post

Aggie

The one thing I have against aerial strikes is that they are a blunt tool.  France is keen to retaliate for 130 civilian deaths, calling it an act of war, but how many Syrian civilians* will be killed as a result?

As usual for the West, death is a thing that happens to poor people, preferably in poor places, and it's a grave insult when it happens to Our People.

Last *if there are any left in the place Post
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The wife and children of a fighter are still civilians regardless of their ideology, and civilians both refugees and not have been killed by all actors at this point.

There is no viable thoughtful approach in Syria (or Iraq or Lybia) at this point because the proper one involves way more resources than any actor is willing to spend, and as the UN is a toothless kitten no viable response can come from them either.

Last insoluble Post

Griffin NoName

Like the Israel/Palestine problem.

I was going to say it is always religion, but excepting Northern Ireland. At least, a deal was made there though it almost collapsed a couple of months ago.

Perhaps the UN could just ban religion.

I must say, the whole world agreeing to a policy on climate control is profoundly amazing, even if the agreement doesn't actually really constitute a policy as such. (I get the feeling that some people think it does).

Last we're all living in a yellow submarine Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Unfortunately some ideologies manage to match religion in the atrocity and fanaticism department.
For many years the record holders for suicide car bombs were atheist Sri Lankans.
Muslims evened the score (barely iirc) only after several years of the Iraq disaster.

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

I prefer even numbers to odd ones.

Last tangentional Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Would be nice, if these guys just cancelled each other out, being even(ly matched).

Last witout collateral damage, preferably Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

That doesn't work that way, if that were the case they would force everybody else to take a side.

Last and religious cooks outnumber the others by a large margin Post

Griffin NoName

Life lived in the margins is so sad.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

What was that curse again?

Last may you live in interesting times? Post

Griffin NoName

I just had an interesting time. I watched, on TV, a programme where a bunch of 6 year olds create a  nativity play, practice, and then perform it. They all have microphones attached to their clothing so you can hear everything they say to each other. Priceless. But maybe the best was in the performance, the Angel comes on to tell Mary she is going to have a baby, so out comes a little chap with wings and declares "I am the Angel Nigel".

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

"...wink, wink"?

Last  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Post