News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Conservatives always claim that prisons are far too gentle.

Last independent of the actual conditions Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Conservatives simply want to eliminate any individuals they don't like.

Last that's why 'job creators' get special treatment Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

That's what you get if you have porous borders.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on October 16, 2014, 01:27:51 PM
Conservatives simply want to eliminate any individuals they don't like.

Not limited to conservatives and reactionaries. Revolutionaries are famous for it too.

Last progressives have done genocides too Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Revolutionary leftists are as good as right wing death squads to kill people.

Last I'm Colombian, I ought to know Post

Swatopluk

The Bolsheviki estimated that it would be necessary to kill about 10% of the population in order to get the rest in line. According to the same proponents that meant about 10 million people. Mao declared that a certain percentage (iirc either 4% or 6%) of the population was by definition 'enemies of the people' (and to be treated accordingly), and that number would always stay constant however thorough the purges. The conclusion was not to stop purging but to have a fixed purge schedule.
I assume it was: wait until the population has reached the size before the last purge then purge again and set a new date for the next round.

Last Post

Griffin NoName

If we killed off 10% of the population it would help with the hosuing crisis. Wonder why the Tories have not thought of this ? Probably because they are busy sticking the knife into the disabled who are not worth the minimum wage.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Don't underestimate the logistical problems

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Back to the ebola conspiracy? Let it loose in the slums of the 3rd world and the banlieues of the 1st and son enough you'll have 700 million dead.

Last plus the obvious revolution that will follow Post

Griffin NoName

How about isolation ships? Pleanty of sea around Britain for as many as needed.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on October 17, 2014, 05:44:36 PM
How about isolation ships? Pleanty of sea around Britain for as many as needed.

And some remote islands not inhabited for many decades now.

Last at least not inhabited by human beings Post

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on October 17, 2014, 02:15:49 AM
Probably because they are busy sticking the knife into the disabled who are not worth the minimum wage.

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Hmm, let's take a group that is living below the poverty line AND may not be able to work a traditional 40-hour week, then cut the amount they're to be paid for working.  That's a lovely incentive to get people in the workhouses force.  >:(  Of course, if you get work they'll make sure to subtract your earnings from your benefits.

Barriers to employment for the disabled aren't really a matter of money.  People hiring to fill positions do not think in terms of percentage functionality, as in "Due to a specific disability, Potential Employee A is capable of being approximately 50% as productive as a typical employee; therefore we will hire two persons with similar disabilities for this position and pay each of them 50% of the normal wage".  I'd say the larger barrier to employment is the perception that a disabled person will not be able to perform at the expected level.  Depending on the disability, that can be total poppycock, or it could be true to some degree.  Given that there are a much larger number of non-disabled people who are unemployed, it's highly unlikely that rate of pay is the main barrier to employers with regards to hiring.  

IMCynicalO, this is a blatant move to create an underclass of low-paid labour for jobs that they can press-gang the disabled into. Considering the rhetoric you've reported over the last while about pulling out benefits for those considered able to work (e.g. if you can press a button you're employable), it seems pretty obvious that there may come a day where one is forced to work or lose benefits, and forced to work at a wage which will not allow any material gain. It seems like a move to punish people for having the nerve to choose be disabled.   >:( >:( >:(

I'm imagining the flip-side of this...  responsible, well-managed programs for placing legitimately able-to-work disabled people in suitable positions with willing employers, at reasonable working wages.  It seems possible, but I'm willing to bet it would take far more government management and funds than paying people to stay home and shut up.  :-\  It would also take a society that is willing to accept and accommodate differences in others, and learn to see them for their strengths.

Last  :soapbox: Post

WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Great soap-boxing!

Actually there is evidence that being in work is beneficial to one's sense of contentment/happiness with life. So if we had a truly beneficent govt. they would spend that extra money. Unfortunately not even the Labour Party would do this; they are not much better on welfare than the Tories.

Last abolish the political classes Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

I feel some (hopefully passing) regrets about going back to the university. The bureaucracy (not pleasant at any time) has now joined forces with the guys who designed and/or manage the university software and produced chaos where at times even the professors can't get at their own teaching material (which is supposed to be stored on the internal net and available to only those enrolled in the specific courses. And then at times one cannot enroll in the courses one is supposed to, or the course has changed without the system getting updated etc.

Last and I already don't know when to do my homework when I have to leave at 7 am (for the 8-10 am course) and return only at 9 pm (after the 6-8 pm course). Students do not sleep, I presume. Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Bureaucracy never works until it works.

Last which happens right before someone decides to change it Post