News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

If big pharma is making money I'm suspicious.

Last I still vaccinated my kid though Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 12, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
I wish side effects were more imaginative. Like a side effect of making me able to play the piano.

Sorry, at the moment there are only drugs available that can maky you believe that you can do that.

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on June 12, 2014, 05:17:56 PM
If big pharma is making money I'm suspicious.

Last I still vaccinated my kid though Post

Not much money in the basic vaccinations. 'Cures' are far more lucrative.

Last why do you think so little money gets invested in vaccines for common(er) illnesses? Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 12, 2014, 08:46:38 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 12, 2014, 04:35:33 PM
I wish side effects were more imaginative. Like a side effect of making me able to play the piano.

Sorry, at the moment there are only drugs available that can maky you believe that you can do that.

;D

Lots of people go to the common cold farm though.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Common cold: illness lasting one week when left untreated and 7 days when suitable treatment is applied.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Has anyone prescribed antivirals for the common cold?

Last not to my knowledge Post

Swatopluk

It has been tried to develop drugs to treat the common cold but the side effects were much much worse than the symptoms of the illness itself.

And one always find idiotic prescription that the presribers not to be exactly that. It's antibiotics against viruses more often though than the other way around.
Interestingly antimykotics (or is that antimycotics?) play little role there, often not even prescribed when there is a fungal infection.

Last Post

Griffin NoName

Anti-Virals arise in many forms:

Buhner says in his book:

"The virus uses it's hemagglutinin to bind itself to the inside of the vacuole membrane, where it opens a pore to the cell's cytoplasm, i.e., its interior spaces. To do this the virus uses what is called the M2 ion channel--ion channels are tiny pores in cells that allow charged molecules to enter and exit cells, bringing food in and allowing waste out. Using an M2 inhibitor blocks this process and literally stops the virus from replicating. (Lomatium is one of the most potent M2 inhibitors known, stronger than the pharmaceutical amantadine.)"

Perhaps Lomatium would cure the common cold.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Yeah but what effect has that compound on the normal working of the cell and what are the results?

Last Post

Griffin NoName

I asked a very similar question and was told

"viruses (attached to cells) acquire nutrients and dispel waste through the M2 channel. A cell without a virus attached does not use the M2 channel for nutrients and waste. So the process of stopping the M2 channel will only affect cells that are infected with a virus."

~ from Phoenix Rising.

Last Post

Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Does it effect the virus so that it can't use the M2 but the cell can for nornal purposes or does it block the M2 for all purposes?
If the latter, it does not seem to me relevant what usually gets passed through. It would sound like that argument: some (few) abuse welfare, therefore welfare should be abolished in total, so it cannot get abused again.

Last there are side effects to these ideas, you know Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It would be nice to know what variety is the right one, but according to the wiki it is edible and also used for herbal extracts.

Last no word if those actually work Post

Swatopluk

Most things are edible - once.
What exactly are you talking about?

Last Post

Griffin NoName

Apparently the M2 is only used by viruses.

As to welfare, it is being abolished here due to frauds - all benefit claimants are scroungers is constantly in the news - bit by bit the system is being erased by the Tories - the side effects will be a rise in deaths.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

So why does the M2 exist in the first place? Was the cell 'designed' to act as a virus host?

Last another proof of the The Gods are Evil hypothesis Post

Griffin NoName

I don't know. Maybe there are good viruses that dig out the M2 channel in the womb so the cell can be their home and they can come and go then it all goes wrong and bad viruses get in.

Last http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_proton_channel Post
Psychic Hotline Host