News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Last Post Game!!!!

Started by Sibling Qwertyuiopasd, March 19, 2006, 12:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Fertility cults were traditionally run by women. It was the first step on the road to patriarchy to get rid of them (or at least to corrupt them)

Last Post
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I would gladly go to the temple of Inanna to make my offerings but Uruk is filled with sediments.

Last plus, Nasiriya tends to be a hot spot Post
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Greece is not friendly to foreigners either these days. And in their case it was always advisable too to check first that the service did not culminate in emasculation. ;)

Last Post

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 19, 2013, 08:52:07 PM
Fertility cults were traditionally run by women. It was the first step on the road to patriarchy to get rid of them (or at least to corrupt them)

Not all women want 12-18 + children. Some have other stuff to do. I don''t see why that would lead to patriarchy.

Last sadly the lovely Jason lost The Apprentice tonight Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

In fertility cults the woman is at the center and the man is only the farming implement. The temples dedicated to these cults were a 100% female affair and formed a strong counterweight to the (often ascetic) cults of male gods where women played no role. I am not aware that the temples had a problem with too many pregnancies, so they probably used some kind of contraception (although that seems to defy the original purpose).
Male dominance was only fully achieved after getting these independent female institutions under their control or getting rid of them completely. A first step was to foster the conversion of the sacral fertility rites into a mere cover for prostitution and then to rile against it. In Europe (Greece/Rome) these cults were seen with at least suspicion by the patriarchal elites and later summarily suppressed even before monotheism took over. The OT sees those cults as primarily a rival to the Jahwe cult. The Church turned the whole thing on its head and instituted nunneries whose ultimate control was in the hands of men. The 'chastity sacrifice', originally the duty to have intercourse with every stranger coming to the temple, became a total interdiction of sexual activity. Ironically the cult of Mary adopted lots of outer signs of the ancient Inanna/Ishtar cult, e.g. the title of 'queen of heaven' or the connection to the Venus 'star'. Even the attributes of the war goddess (love and war were in the same divine hands in Mesopotamia) got at times into the worship of Mary.

Last btw Inanna/Ishtar was not a nice person Post

pieces o nine

I knew I was on the road to Heck when I found myself idly wondering what would happen if one replaced the lyrics to any BVM hymn with the Hymn to Inanna for the "Family Mass"...

Last   ...no, not the war poem...    Post
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

I'm invoking the Wilfred Owen card.

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

There are lots of Christian hymns and anthems that are decidedly not family- friendly

Last in the style of 'HE is trampling the unrighteous with hooves of hot iron' Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

There is one wonderful aria for tenor in Haendel's Messiah that literally says: thou shall break them with a rod of iron, thou shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel:
[youtube=520,320]X92SkGNVSMI[/youtube]
Last in fact is the one just before the Hallelujah Post

Swatopluk

Modern tools for those bronze agers. ;)

Last Post

Griffin NoName

Anyone seen a Cro-Magnan paint brush?

Last Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Warum sollte ich eine Chrom-Mangan-Bürste benutzen? Holz und Naturbosrten tuen 's auch.

Last Post

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Google is very interested in Chromium.

Last engine Post

Griffin NoName

Last Thomas the Tank Engine Post
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Last Thomas Thatcham, der als Gärtner in Thrumpton Castle bei Lord Molesworth-Houghton arbeitet Post